Another video report.

BFSC Kevin

Well.. I have for you a video from this past Saturday on Lake Simcoe, ice fishing for lake trout. At the beginning of the day, I hooked up immediately and it looked like it was going to be a stellar day. However, the action for me was all within the first hour. Nevertheless, I got some good footage and was able to get this video up. Have a gander, I especially enjoy the sonar footage :D

@ All Star Wings later that night...

Kevin: "You need to start up a Canadian rod blank manufacturing company to produce Canadian made ice rods"

Mike: "I'll need to hire some pro-staffers to get the word out there"

Kevin: "You can hire me"

Mike: "I need people who can land lakers..."

Great vid!

Cool video and thanks for posting it! Small suggestion, set the hook!!!!!! And I mean rip it so it's sister can feel it!

HH

I usually do give them a good rip but these times I took it that since they had smacked it pretty hard while I was reeling up, it would suffice...

I believe this past Saturday was February 27. Nice video though.

WOW. Thanks for catching that. I'm a month behind. crap.

Kevin: "You need to start up a Canadian rod blank manufacturing company to produce Canadian made ice rods"

Great vid!

:wallbash: Edited by kevin

On the 2nd catch I was losing it over here going "HE HAS A FISH ON THE LINE BEHIND HIM!!!!" then I kept watching :).

PS I noticed you're not really setting your hooks. My philosophy has always been to set the hook really hard but this of course depends on the type of fish.

Edited by Sterling

Nice Video kelvin, may I know where you were? 2nd line or 6-7th, the sonar you are using is it 999. Did you use the ice transducer or just the one come with the unit? This year I haven't go up for laker and white fish yet, still worry about the ice.

Thanks gang. I'll be sure to use a beefier rod and give'r next time. Most of the time I'm using a M or MH, but that day I was using a ML only and that didn't have enough backbone to really set it... No excuses! :wallbash:

Nice Video kelvin, may I know where you were? 2nd line or 6-7th, the sonar you are using is it 999. Did you use the ice transducer or just the one come with the unit? This year I haven't go up for laker and white fish yet, still worry about the ice.

Motojoe - I was on the south shore of Kempenfelt bay. I used a ice transducer for the 999. The ice hasn't been ideal this year but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Cool video Kevin.

Here are your flaws though ( sorry,they must be pointed out) :devil:

You need a med/hev rod. JMO :whistling::tease:

You want a video of great hook sets and landed fish, you need to pay your cast more. Im sure Mike and Anthony were holding out for a better lunch venue them micky D,s. :w00t::rofl2:

LOL Always enjoy your videos.

BTW, Whats with the 6" auger Nancy? :o:oops::D

Cool video Kevin.

Here are your flaws though ( sorry,they must be pointed out) :devil:

You need a med/hev rod. JMO :whistling::tease:

You want a video of great hook sets and landed fish, you need to pay your cast more. Im sure Mike and Anthony were holding out for a better lunch venue them micky D,s. :w00t::rofl2:

LOL Always enjoy your videos.

BTW, Whats with the 6" auger Nancy? :o:oops::D

1. :wallbash:

2. :wallbash:

3.I don't have the new fuel yet. :wallbash:

I never understood how the sonar works but in this vid I get it.

It's pretty cool watching the laker interested and chasing your lure.

Glad it helps. If you ice fish, you need electronics! Fishing blind isn't the same.

You've got your chase technique figured out. Awesome video. After wading through 2 feet of snow plus another foot of slush underneath, I'm jealous of your nice bare ice :)

Thanks Joeytier... We just got a dumping of snow, so this coming weekend (which is a good chance of being our last) won't be so walker friendly.

Thanks gang. I'll be sure to use a beefier rod and give'r next time. Most of the time I'm using a M or MH, but that day I was using a ML only and that didn't have enough backbone to really set it... No excuses! :wallbash:

Motojoe - I was on the south shore of Kempenfelt bay. I used a ice transducer for the 999. The ice hasn't been ideal this year but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Great vid!

LOL highlight of the night.

Shots fired! :rofl2: