Fishing Patterns

AKRISONER

we were definitely catching both...the saugers seemed to be co-existing with the big walleyes no problem. They were hanging around and following us up and down all day and then every so often a big walleye would show up and eat.

Oh yeah they certainly co exist.

Obviously eat the same forage too.

Saugers are super aggressive especially at night, its funny they dont get bigger.

Whats the record like 3lbs ???

I remember last summer. I had a couple of unbelievable consecutive bass days.

After calling around to other friends and reading various reports, I soon realized that that was the time to be out. All the big fish were biting on many different bodies of water.

Now I just need to get my crystal ball up and running.

Had a place on North Pigeon Lake for 30 yrs.and fished all the time.

Noticed that before a cold front fishing was hot.

Also noticed that lunar phases had much to do with the bite.

Followed these Joe Bucher lunar tables and found them to be true.

http://www.muskyhunter.com/moon-secrets/

2-3 days before /after full moon during day. Full moon scared them of at night.

Had a place on North Pigeon Lake for 30 yrs.and fished all the time.

Noticed that before a cold front fishing was hot.

Also noticed that lunar phases had much to do with the bite.

Followed these Joe Bucher lunar tables and found them to be true.

http://www.muskyhunter.com/moon-secrets/

2-3 days before /after full moon during day. Full moon scared them of at night.

The cold front pre-fish is definitely a tried and tested pattern for me as well. Especially if you are fishing before a summer electrical storm, the bite will always be insane.

You guys should read Buck Perrys book Spoonplugging. It will explain in detail all the weather stuff you are noticing. So many things will make sense after reading it. It also explains exactly what was experienced -everyone in an area experiencing good fishing. It is a great read and I learned more from that book than anything else. The fishing procedures outlined are very difficult to follow but also very productive. Those are not for everyone but the weather and water conditions will be informative.

This, I find it so accurate I can dictate how far away the storm is lol

usually im sitting out there thinking...ok it takes me 10-15 to get home...how long until the storm is 10-15 away so that I can arrive on my dock and run to the house as the rain starts falling lol.

Last year on buckhorn I said "Lets go!!!!" and Dave said "one more cast" that one more cast ended up with us being caught in torrential downpour in a golf cart as we drove it back up to his trailer from the docks lol

boy did we catch a lot of bass though

usually im sitting out there thinking...ok it takes me 10-15 to get home...how long until the storm is 10-15 away so that I can arrive on my dock and run to the house as the rain starts falling lol.

Last year on buckhorn I said "Lets go!!!!" and Dave said "one more cast" that one more cast ended up with us being caught in torrential downpour in a golf cart as we drove it back up to his trailer from the docks lol

boy did we catch a lot of bass though

Lol

Ive got the timing down pretty good especially if lightening is involved.

When you can feel it in your rod go as fast as possible lol.