The 60 million dollar question. (Fishing related)

Acountdeleted

I'm sure this topic has been discussed many many times on this forum but everytime there is a big lottery winning I always think 'If I won, where would my dream cottage be?'

First I thought Kearns lake. A little 600 ha lake that is fly in only out of Thunder Bay. I would build my own cottage. Then I thought 'only walleye and pike. No good'. So I thought 'Lake of the woods' and I would constantly fly up. Then I thought, maybe Simcoe? Or Quinte?

Now I'm not sure anymore. How about you? If you could build 1 dream cottage, what body of water would it be on?

There are "cottages" out there that the lottery wouldn't be enough to buy one.

Hahaha sad but true

This one property on rainly lake was available for 4 mill.

If I won the lottery at that time I woulda bought it and sold it for 10 lol

Who the heck in NW ontario has tennis courts on an island on rainy lake???

I can be a Cabana boy.

Some one just bed bugged me. Inside joke.

??? jokes on you, you cant sleep (inside joke)

In all honesty 10 years ago I woulda moved to spain or italy

Nowadays id build a really cool place on lake of the woods and hand it down to our kids.

Build a few guest cabins for friends and family and hit civilization for trips and groceries lol

??? jokes on you, you cant sleep (inside joke)

In all honesty 10 years ago I woulda moved to spain or italy

Nowadays id build a really cool place on lake of the woods and hand it down to our kids.

Build a few guest cabins for friends and family and hit civilization for trips and groceries lol

With 7 kids it better be a very big place. Lets see, 7 kids plus spouses and their kids so that's about 14 adults and 21 kids so that's 28 bedrooms sharing plus 1 for Mom is 29. 2 master baths and you two and Mom and 14 to share baths, that's 16 baths, a dining room for at least 50. Then the kids get married so say 1/2 get spouse's that's another 7 bedrooms and baths. What are we at now? 36 bedrooms, 23 bathrooms and a dining room that seats 60 people. Then there are servant quarters for a 8 man crew. 45 new cars in the drive.

Man Rick I don't think 60 million is going to cover it.

Good luck, better buy 2 tickets.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

With 7 kids it better be a very big place. Lets see, 7 kids plus spouses and their kids so that's about 14 adults and 21 kids so that's 28 bedrooms sharing plus 1 for Mom is 29. 2 master baths and you two and Mom and 14 to share baths, that's 16 baths, a dining room for at least 50. Then the kids get married so say 1/2 get spouse's that's another 7 bedrooms and baths. What are we at now? 36 bedrooms, 23 bathrooms and a dining room that seats 60 people. Then there are servant quarters for a 8 man crew. 45 new cars in the drive.

Man Rick I don't think 60 million is going to cover it.

Good luck, better buy 2 tickets.

???

Way too much money for me to spend in a lifetime:

First thing I would do would be to set up trusts for my kids, grandkids, and great grand kids. They would be allowed to draw up to 90% of the intrest earned in any given year but the principal plus 10% would remain in the trust.

Next, I would help out a bunch of my friends that could use a little extra help. (not that they NEED it but it would sure make their lives easier).

Kids have always been a big priority for me so I would contact something like Big Brothers/Sisters and arange for a bunch of kids that otherwise might not have the opportunity to get away on trips of a lifetime.

Then once all that was taken care of, I would take my family and a bunch of friends to something like the Great Slave Lake Resort for a totally catered vacation. Ahhhh but now all I need to do is win! :whistling:

thanks a lot for this thread... as i go off to work.

i dont know about a cottage, i'd propably live there (close to) year round. so a home, on a muskie lake somewhere, either NWO (seul, lotw) or Georgian Bay.

not gonna lie...but id probably keep the current cottage but just build the sweetest friggin cottage youve ever seen...or buy one right next door to my parents place...but you get the idea...pretty sure that Pointe Au Baril might be the best area to be in that Ive seen thus far in my life...lucky me i guess.

Boy oh boy, would i have a sweet alumacraft though :)

I'd sell my cottage in Bobcaygeon and buy or build one on the water there...in town or within walking distance of town. Get a bigger fishing boat and have it in a covered slip ready to go whenever I had the urge to get out.

Then I'd look for a winter home down south. Maybe the Ocean Reef Club in FLA. The sister-in-law has a place there and it is an incredible community.

Also like Cliff I'd set up my family. 60 million is way more then Deb and I could ever spend on ourselves.

Still be lots left over. Not sure which way I would go with all that. It would be a nice problem to have though.

First order would be helping out my friends and family, whether it be tuition, housing whatever they'd have what they need and then some so they can be comfortable, and do something they love with their life. as stated above what do you do with 60 million? Like I could live off of 5 (hypothetically lol)

After all that I would have an Aston Martin Vulcan, a ford raptor and probably something along the lines of a Lund Baron. A cottage would be tricky in terms of picking a lake, but I would have a place down south for sure and probably a spot in Minnesota for musky

Edited by Lucas F

Somewhere near Hartley Bay on the French Delta. Not a giant place, but comfy. A place where I could run power to. Plus a couple of sweet Kingfisher boats. A 2825 Weekender. And a 2025 Discovery.

Top of the line solar and propane generators as well.

Keep buying those tickets !!!