Knot Kinky 2

muddler

Anybody try this stuff. It's a nickel-titaniun wire with about 15% stretch that is supposed to be able to tie a knot with. I bought a 12lb package and I tried to tie a knot with it and It was almost impossible to work with. It's nice and thin, perfect for pike fishing but I'm having a lot of issues using knots with it.

I fish a couple of bodies of water that have a lot of pike and I thought this stuff might be a perfect material to use with jigs.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

muddler

I have been using this leader material for a couple of years now. Works well.

I attached a link to the knot that I use to attach the leader to your mainline.

use the knot described on the package with a small clip.

Tip- use a caribeaner to assist with the loop knot. Once you get the hang of it it works quite well. I use 35 pound and 45 pound

Or you can just use 50-80 pound flouro

Sorry it's Stay Loc. Has a neat circle that your clip goes thru.

Bernard's design and manufacturing in Toronto. Also the guy that came up with that drop shot hook on swivels. He has done every fishing show, in store and anywhere fishermen gather. At Andy's show he had some quick attach for musky plugs.

Anyway his titanium leaders are top quality.

What knot and how many turns? This type of wire doesn't need as many turns for knots like the clinch. I've only used the stuff from Tyger, which worked for me with a clinch knot. Although, I can't say I caught a trophy northern when I used it.

I tried a uni knot, clinch knot (recommended on package) and perfection loop (also recommended on the package). They all failed to compact into a tight knot. I may just try some of that UV glue that's advertised on TV. I was looking for a very thin material as I be using it fishing for walleye in pike infested waters.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll research them.

I tied and fished it with those crappy looking knots. Compare to the Stay Loc titanium leaders it looks like rope, thick rope. They didn't slip put Stay Loc nice and clean. Worth the money.

I fished pike a couple years ago for 3 days with the same Stay Loc 30lb titanium leader. Landed over 200 mostly 8-10lb pike before it broke and finished 3 in the derby.

You do what you want I thru it out.

Stay away from that UV Glue - called Bondic. Trust me. It is not worth it based on my experience. Reviews online are equally negative. All this . Despite what they claim or what you may have seen on TV.

Tried to fix my dad's glasses but they broke within seconds. Tried to fix a ceramic figurine for my wife and same thing.

Save yourself the $20 and frustration/disappointment.

Edited by fisher

I have found that the best knot for that product is the canoe man loop knot. Very easy to tie, tag end kinda gets tucked away. Just Google it. I like perfection loop knots and nail knots for other leader material, but the canoe man knot seems to suit the Knot 2 kinky best , at least for me.

huge fan of knot 2 kinky...about 4 years now I think I've been using, I stocked up when I was down south before it hit shelves up here...the knots look like crap, but they hold, at first I put a dab of glue on them, but I stopped after I gained trust

the 6lb stuff is awesome, use it almost exclusively for jigging for walleye when I know it's 50/50 chance of hooking a pike...I tried a few knots and they all work, but I've settled on a clinch knot with only 2 or 3 wraps as the simplest and quickest for me.....I only tie wire to mainline line with braid using an improved Albright, the wire will cut through mono regardless of what line splice you use

Don't be fooled by the name "Not 2 Kinky"

It will kink after a while. still have to change frequently.

Advantages over regular wired pike leader is the fact that it is titanium. You can tie it directly to your mainline without the use of swivels ( pain in the arse )

Also you can make them what ever length you want. I prefer 18- 20 inch leaders