Smoker craft resorter 151

boombap

Looking for some opinions or reviews on a smoker craft 151 resorter.. anyone here fish one of these? I can get into one with a 4 stroke 40hp merc within my budget. I fish the kawarthas and other small to mid sized lakes. Would love a nice big Lund but they are simply too expensive.

in a boat this size (which I own) i'd be looking at a tiller instead (again which I own). the side console chews up a lot of room. once you start getting into the 16.5'+ length, a side console starts to make more sense. just my nickel.

other than that, smokercraft builds a quality rig.

Edited by Raf

I had one just like that with a 2 stoke 40 hp Mercury about 7 yrs ago. It was a great little boat, awesome for the Kawarthas. Great on fuel, easy to tow, can get into all sorts of spots. Fishes well with two adults or a couple kids. Three adults and it starts to get crowded. I sold it because I could got a good deal on a slightly bigger StarCraft. I fish Nipissing too, and you had to be smart when to venture out with the Resorter, but for small to mid sized lakes, I thought it was an awesome little boat. Not the driest when the wind and waves picked up, but what do you expect for something that size. It new or used?

Edited by Andy

I bought one of these in 2001 with the same hull but slightly different interior configuration and I loved it up till last year when I sold it to a friend and he loves it. Other than 3 screws that always seemed to work loose in the course of a year I never had an issue. The console does take up a bit of room especially with 3 in the boat. It is not a big water boat,not that you couldn't use it there but only under ideal conditions.

vance

I've fished out of and ran a similar Smoker Craft with a 40. I was very impressed with it. Even with 15 footer I would personally choose the side council. I get stiff running a tiller and uncomfortable facing straight ahead and my torso skewed to one side. If set up right there is enough room for 2 adults. Not a Great Lakes boat but perfect for Kawartha type lakes.

Nice rig! Hopefully one day I can find one similar...

The marina I bought it from is restoring one very similar to it.. a '89 I believe.

Looks good, I had a 01 40hp version of that motor and never had a problem in 15 years..

vance

My biggest concern when buying used was the motor.. but from what I have read they are pretty bulletproof.