2001 Yamaha Bravos

Fisherman

Minimum bid $750.00...I don't think so...and why would they buy it in the first place to put 702 km on it in 15 years

you wouldn't get my 95 with 2500 kms for 750. Never. Great lil sled. I often leave my "big sled" behind on bushwhacking back woods trips behind and take my 10 y/o's 95 Bravo instead. If you have kids and like punching into backwoods lakes....that's a steal. I bought my boy one of those three years ago instead of the "kitty kat" and it's my fave. Obviously we ain't the trail ridin types.

I bought as 83 brand new and was continually stuck with it...was not impressed...others like them.

On Simcoe where there is not much snow they are fine. I towed my hut with it lots, but in the bush in deep snow, no thanks

I bought as 83 brand new and was continually stuck with it...was not impressed...others like them.

On Simcoe where there is not much snow they are fine. I towed my hut with it lots, but in the bush in deep snow, no thanks

You are the first and only person I have ever heard say that about a bravo. I have taken a LT bravo to some crazy places where other sleds wouldn't stand a chance. If they had one with a 440 in it it would be the cats meow.

S.

I road a short track Bravo for 2 years, it was good in the bush with deep snow and better than any other short track sled available now.

I took my brother's newer 4 stroke Phazer, rider forward, into the bush last year, totally useless, had to turn back. With my buddies Nitro I would never even think of leaving the groomed trail

Edited by chris.brock

Don't forget that a lot of sled issues are clutch set up. Terry and I have identical Skidoo 500's. Same track, same engine HP. I can creep away and even stop and then drive up a portage hill. Terry's could get stuck on flat ground as his clutch was set to engage late, at high rpm and spins the track.. while mine will just walk way.

I have a short track. It was given to me for free. Amazing little sled, but the short tracks do get stuck pretty easy.

I've investigated doing some modifications to it. Buying a long track and long track suspension. Building many of my own parts and sheet metal work...

But.

The reality is, I don't get stuck enough to make it worth all the time and effort

I would rather buy a quad

. Lake Simcoe (when it freezes) is great 75% of the winter with a quad.