Why do I feel like going to the Spring Fishing Show is like paying to go to Bass Pro?

Shloim

I'm going to check out RV show. Not buying anything tho :P

Famous last words.

For those that have no patience (like myself) it's nice to see the new stuff. I'm actually jealous of my buddy that he already has some of the new live target stuff.

There are deals but you have to find em. Best deals are the independant operators, Mike's handlebar lures are great as well as Meegz and the place that sells pepperettes. That's why I go. Anything else is a bonus.

Edited by jeremy84

I went with my Dad and his buddy. Compared to a few years ago there was far less retailers there.

eg. no le baron, no fishing world, no Sail, no Gagnon sports etc.

we still enjoyed it even though it was mostly boating displays and the cottage stuff.

I ended up getting a Curado 200i PG from JB's Fishing Depot display for my Loomis E6X 843c Mag Bass that Santa brought me.

it wasn't on sale but i was happy none the less.

Dad bought a fenwick methods travel rod (no tax) and his buddy bought a fenwick fly rod.

so none of us went home empty handed. not a bad way to spend a morning, even if there is less fishing retail displays and less deals to be had.

Edited by 12 Volt Man

Le Baron, Fishing World, Gagnons haven't been there in years! And Sail never has.

Every year some starts a thread and there's whining about the fishing show. Next year just don't go!

Yes Sail has not been, but the others have been for years. I mean many years. Theres a reason they dont have booths anymore. They dont need to. They have the loyal customers and have great sales through out the year. I remember walking in the front of the shows and seeing Le Barons, right there front and center. Thier magazine with special flyers and a few free baits in a bag to try.

Im not bashing you here , just voicing my opinion. These shows need creation. I know it,s not like it was bac then, but ya, for the kids, it,s a great day out.