Cashel Lake, bancroft area.

huzzsaba

Looking for some information on Cashel Lake in Bancroft area. Will be spending a weekend there this summer and will have access hopefully to a pontoon boat for fishing. I have been there before but didnt really fish but have heard the lake is quite deep and there may be some big fish there.

Thanks

Edited by huzzsaba

It's a small lake with a few islands and a huge sand flat at one end !!! There is a small deep section down the middle and the lake has been overloaded with rock bass and doesn't produce many decent fish but winter guys do get odd laker ... Many better lakes in the region

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the boat can't move from the lake. I was told the lake is 200 feet deep by the cottage owner where I am staying but I suspected that wasn't true given the small size of the lake.

I will try to get lucky with anything that swims hopefully when there in summer.

Edited by huzzsaba

Huzz my friend, you pick some of the most unique places to fish, I give you that. Good luck sir I know you are very passionate about your fishing and I think that is fantastic. Why don't you ask the questions about fishing before you book?

Actually my work booked the place for a workplace retreat due to connections with the cottage owners. Fishing the lake will be my past time while there. The problem with fishing other lakes in the area is that the cottage is a good kilometre from the entrance off the main road and the road is pretty rough. Luckily I have a SUV so it doesn't get beat up so bad, but I avoid using the road except to get in on checkin day and to get out on checkout day. :) I have been there before but never fished and all I heard from the people who have been there is that they have caught A big fish. How big, and what type of fish is unknown <_<

Edited by huzzsaba