Fishing for Tyler 2016

grizzlybri

It isn't about the thickness of the ice. It isn't about the size of the fish you catch, it's about the life you enhance!

Fishing for Tyler has never been about "fishing", it's always about giving so if we all sit on shore and enjoy the friends we know and the friends we get to know. Then let's fish for Tyler!

Totally enjoyed participating in the tournaments over the years. Funny how thru the board we talk to many that we fished around but at the time didn't really know them first hand at the time

Yes absolutely fishing is a part of the day as well as the mingling with friends

You are both right but with the varying conditions regarding the ice it would be a tragedy if some people came up to innisfil from other areas not fully aware of the challenges regarding the the ice or lack of

It would be a black day for such a positive event if something tragic happened

Maybe people can brainstorm so as to come up with a plan that will ensure s great day but still keep people safe just because of the risks involved re the mild winter

Edited by mr blizzard

I believe fishing is secondary here. Our annual charity Golf tourney we have for someone in the community or close to us that is having a rough time has nothing to do with golfing, we can golf any day we want to. Actually just today we were talking and saying we hope no on needs us this year. Wouldn't that be great.

Yes, but they all come to fish and enjoy the day Cliff. My post was to show the ice will not be safe like years past.

I guess you are right, in all the years I attended I think I only ever fished for a couple of hours on one of them, I sure wouldn't want that history mared by tragidy!

Most of the time I stayed at the shore and manned the BBQs or helped out in what ever way I could. I always had so much fun catching up with all the old friends, meeting new ones; the hugs from all the ladies, :whistling: Joey's most beautiful smile :wub: !

The highlite for me was always hearing about and in later years seeing the progress that Tyler was making and knowing that in some small way we were able to contribute to that progress. I hope that the cold weather this week will firm things up enough that the event can go on, it would be ashamed to see it cancelled but better that than someone not making it home in one piece.

I just got word from Elisa. The Fishing For Tyler event will be cancelled for this year due to the unstable ice conditions. Hoping we get a better shot at it next year. Thanks to everyone for caring.

Thanks for updating us Roy, I was just about to do the same as I just saw a post on the Facebook page announcing the same news.

the hugs from all the ladies, :whistling: Joey's most beautiful smile :wub: !

Aww shucks :blush::wub:

Sorry to hear it was cancelled but my thoughts were more on the worrying side that fishermen will go up and take a chance and we certainly don't want to lose anyone. Under the circumstances, I think it was the right call to cancel!

I'd like to offer up a guided trip once again to raise some money for Tyler - will post in general discussion below. Choice of big spring cats on the Grand River or a Kawartha muskie hunt.

Pete

its people like u that make this board like on a previous thread i said if people could brain storm, and u nailed it if u cant do it in the winter do it in the summer, hats off to bud