Use the flashlight feature on your phone???

Gerritt

Just saw this news cast and thought I'd pass it along, as I know many of use use the flashlight feature on our phones when fishing in the dark, etc....

Could be a bit of fear mongering, or..... Could be the absolute truth...

Watch the new cast and decide for yourself...

G

Wow !!!

I'll tell my kids about that !

Luckily I don't have any flashlight apps on my phone , I just wish I could get rid of my smartphone all together and just go back to simple dumb phone ... as I'm sure there are other apps that are infected with malware.

For starters, that clip is from 2014 so it's a little late to worry about even if it were true. As explained in the attached articles, any 3rd party app on any phone (including i-phones) could potentially be used for purposes beyond the intent of the app but there is very little evidence of data theft and transmission ever really happening.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/flashlight.asp

http://www.howtogeek.com/198846/no-your-iphone-flashlight-is-not-spying-on-you/

Edited by G.mech

You are giving your information away every time you use a rewards card.

They know where you are, what you bought and they keep track of it.

They are getting huge amounts of information for very little money.

Just because you're not paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not watching you

Yes, the video is from 2 years ago but the message still holds true. I think the point is the flashlight app shouldn't need access to every feature in your phone, such as GPS, calls, etc. When you download something a prompt comes up saying "this app would like access to...". You should pay attention to it and avoid downloading something that requires access to stuff it logically shouldn't need to access.

That can be any app really.

The guy in the video is using fear mongering tactics to get you to use his company's, Snoopwall, "secure" flashlight app. That's all this is. Shameful really.

I was thinking the same thing, he's going to sell me something to cure it. Not really shameful, it's commerce.

Everytime we turn on our phones, use a credit card or bank card, bank or credit card, go on the net, turn on the TV, pull our GPS enabled, information gathering computer chip installed vehicles out of the driveway we are sending someone personal info. It's 2016.

What's an App? I have become my parents and can't get the VCR to stop flashing 12:00.

They just reported that those fit bit things keep sending all your information too.

They can tell what store you are in in the mall and send you sale emails on your phone as you walk in....now thats special

You don't even need a flashlight

Edited by Dara