Potential Boat Launch at East Point Park in Scarborough

John Bacon

The TRCA and other agencies are currently planning work on the water front between Highland Creek and Bluffers Park. One of the considerations is a launch at East Point Park. They are currently considering a launch for non-motorized boats that has a drop off but no parking near the launch. There would be parking at the top of the bluff so you could drop off a canoe or kayak by the water and park on top.

A marina on the scale of Bluffers Park was considered but apparently there is enough demand for boat docking to justify the construction of a marina.

I think that they may have neglected to consider boat launching when studding the case for a marina. Bluffer may have available slips but I have been unable to launch my boat there at time because the lots were full. If enough people express interest we may be able to get an actual boat launch with parking in the east end of Scarborough

They are still accepting input if there are things you would like to see happen. Comments can be sent to: [email protected]

or followed at: @TRCA_WF on Twitter.

www.trca.on.ca/swp

Edited by JohnBacon