Uncut Angling 39 hrs

Fishwilly

been a major uncut fan for a while, so this series has got me pumped. ive been so busy lately i havent been able to catch up, but the first ep is awesome.

A lot of people hate weib cause hes a dweeb but I find him pretty funny and probably the best fishing show host out there. The guy gives the straight dope and would rather live in his mom's basement than sell out.

I stopped watching fishing shows because of all the product pumping. Got to the point that there where more ads than content. I'd go fishing with that dude any day. I'll have to check out the new episodes.

Start watching uncut angling...he makes a point of not pumping his products, hes only using what he uses because it actually works. He rarely points out that he is using a specific bait and will even complain about certain products if he thinks they are too expensive, and will suggest alternatives to save money.

So I watched the three episodes last night.

As a multi species angler myself, who targets every fresh water fish that swims, I think the Uncut 39 hrs of Angling is the best fishing I've ever seen on TV.

Favourite highlights so far:

- Paul and Taro starting so late Saturday morning (Talk about confidence, lol)

- Taro getting shut out of McDonalds for filming.

- Manny from team Manitoba just absolutely kills me.

- Paul is the best fisherman I've ever seen on TV. The way he moves from species to species with confidence and expertise is second to none.

- Taro is like Manny, absolutely hilarious.

- Love how Manitoba and Saskatchewan plan on fishing through the night...Paul and Taro, not so much. :) :) (again, over confidence).

Truthfully, Manitoba and Saskatchewan wouldn't have a chance of winning this if Paul and Taro fished more seriously. They could have gotten the King first thing Saturday morning (if they were actually fishing) and would be able to get some big cats on the grand fishing Saturday night (if they weren't sleeping, lol).

Niagara River / Niagara Bar / Lake Ontario, for multi species angling, is likely the best spot in all of Canada. Manitoba and Saskatchewan anglers have to keep changing lakes / waterbodies to hit their multi species needs.....Taro and Paul COULD Have done it with just the Niagara River / Lake Ontario and the Grand River.

And ... I have to say it again, Paul's ability to fish multispecies is second to none. So far they have 3 way'd, casted, jigged, fly fished, downrigged, dipsy'd, and planer boarded - all without going back to shore!!!!

I can't wait to see what "day two" brings...we'll see if Lake Diefenbaker will save team Saskatchewan. If they hit a mutant Brown, Bow, and Walleye, they just might be able to pull this off. (and I kinda hope they give Team Ontario a run for their money, as Team Ontario could have fished smarter).

THIS is what fishing TV should be all about!

Edited by Steve

totally agree that the great lakes are like cheating when it comes to multi species angling.

The frigging guys catch a tiger musky by accident lol ridiculous

I think of my days fishing in manitoba, we caught ling, walleye, pike, perch, lakers, suckers and whiteys...and that was pretty much it. Meanwhile on Georgian bay, to catch walleye, perch, pike, smallmouth, largemouth, bullhead, white bass, bowfin, gar, salmon, lake trout, ciscoe, crappie etc etc etc could literally be done in a 20 square kilometer radius in one day...no joke.

I do expect the manitoba and saskatchewan boys to catch an absolutely monster pike and walleye.

Im also really hoping manitoba gets a mooneye just because.

Edited by AKRISONER

It's a great show, and niagara is an incredible fishery!! We're lucky to be so close to so many species and year round boat fishing .

The out come of this show is the best part no trophy, cash prize. Rods donated to kids getting into fishing no matter the outcome everyone wins

Edited by Bondar

What I really like about Uncut is that Aaron and his buddies don't have 50k plus boats that most of us will never be able to justify buying. I've met Aaron at Cabela's in Winnipeg a couple of years ago. I had no clue who he was at that time. We Bull'd for over an hour about fishing. He was very down to earth and not full of himself. Couple of days later I saw his show on WFN and almost fell out of my chair.