Will I buy another Gloomis? You bet I will

wkrp

I sent the first gloomis rod I have ever bought( approx 20 years ago) to the gloomis / shimano warranty dept in Peterborough so as to have a broken rod guide replaced. Four days later I received an email notifying me that they were going to replace the rod with the present day equivalent rod style and model. Four days after that email I received an email from the US stating that the rod had been shipped. Yesterday Canpar drove up the drive with my new baby all wrapped up in a tube. Will I buy another gloomis? Nothing but, from here on in. Absolutley Outstanding Customer Service. Thank You.

I acquired a G-Loomis CBR rod where one of the guides popped out. I brought it up to Peterborough and thought they would just put in another guide, but with their amazing customer service, I got a brand new rod!

The blank was perfect, just had the guide pop out...so I do wonder where did that rod go to? It would certainly be a good rod to have if someone in the back kept it aside and just inserted another guide. But man, am I pleased with their service.

At the same time, I also brought in an older model Compre with a broken tip, which was totally my fault and I had openly disclosed that. Not a problem, they sent me a new rod on warranty.

That also doesn't include the other times when I sent in a 13'GLX float road (my fault) and an older model Crucial bait casting rod (not my fault)...all came back under warranty, bubbled wrapped, and shipped in a solid rod tube.

I'm sure there are many rod companies out there that also have amazing warranties and customer service, but none that I know of are located in Ontario and because of that, I'll keep buying from Shimano/Loomis every time.

I'm certainly looking forward to the summer 2016 outings already. Let the ice melt please!

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

Amen brother!!

I sent in an old v-rod with a broken tip for repair to Peterborough. I figured what the hey, if it can't be fixed they'll ship the rod back to me.. no big thang.

3 weeks later, I get a slip at my door telling me to come pick up a parcel at the UPS store.. I thought, oh right, that stick... they probably returned it to me with a letter telling me sorry, yada yada..

I opened the tube and was just floored.. they sent me a brand new crucial.. no questions asked!!

How wicked is that?! :w00t:

I have had very positive results dealing with Sage in the past as well.

Had my favorite little 4wt that was probably that old blow up on me.

Sent it in and they pulled out the old arbors and wrapped me a new blank and then built the rod.

Love the action of that rod and there is no new equivalent. :)

I have had very positive results dealing with Sage in the past as well.

Had my favorite little 4wt that was probably that old blow up on me.

Sent it in and they pulled out the old arbors and wrapped me a new blank and then built the rod.

Love the action of that rod and there is no new equivalent. :)

a friend of mine broke his 2wt sage, had to wait 6 weeks for the repair......he was not happy

G. Loomis is awesome. Santa brought me a brand new G. Loomis E6X Mag Bass 843c baitcasting rod for xmas this year. feels awesome. light and well balanced. great price from JB's. (Santa shops there too lol).

can't wait to get a new Curado 200i to go with it and smash some fish this spring and summer.

Since we are on the topic of Loomis......

I love em too !

I considered purchasing one of the E6X rods but found them to be inferior to most other Loomis rods. I found them to be very unbalanced despite what people say. Just my opinion

After comparing the new Crucial rod and the E6X side by side I believe that the Crucial is a way better balanced rod.

I have had nothing but great results with warranty issues as well. Keeps my business

the reason that some E6X rods balance out and some don't (with and without the reel) depends on the particular series of E6X rod.

loomis talks about this somewhere on their website. the swing weight they call it.

eg. the mag bass E6Xs are not tip heavy at all, yet others like the crankbait rods are.

this is because it is meant to be fished tip down if I recall.

loomis isn't getting sloppy or careless. each rod series in the E6X line has different balance points on purpose depending on the technique. I assume the reason some of the rods like my MBR are well balanced (not tip or butt heavy) is because they are all purpose rods.

at least this is what I assume. loomis isn't going to design a sloppy balanced rod on purpose all of a sudden. even if they are the cheapest loomis rods out there. they are still well designed.

to corroborate this theory, its worth noting that the new IMX bass rods have the same balance points and I have heard people complain. and they are almost $400 rods here. in their review on tackletour of the new imx rods, they mentioned that they seem tip heavy without a reel, but when you put a reel on (they used the curado) it all works.

so there is a method to their madness.

Edited by 12 Volt Man