Goodwill? Union? Really? NF

misfish

My problem is with a CEO that is making that kind of money and can't run a corporation that gets: all it's products for free, pays it's staff minimum wage, and can't see the writing on the wall far enough in advance to warn the staff of the pending cuts. I'll bet she doesn't miss getting a cent of what is owed to her!

Based on her previous record I'm surprised that she even got a job!

I wonder what a business has to pay per square foot in T.O.? Big money. If someone lives right in Toronto I would venture a guess they are not customers of discount stores. I can see how a company with zero overhead for the product loose money. Pay for the lease, common fees for the mall or plaza, utilities (try cooling and heating 25,000 or more sqft), taxes and labour etc. You could loose money before the door is open.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

She didn't just step into the job and have this dumped on her, and there is absolutly no reason she just closed the doors and left all those workers without their pay cheques and without any notice! A good CEO would have been taking steps to protect those workers and not just riding the company into the ground while putting $20,000.00 a month into her bank account.

Here,s another real sick deal they are getting. NO PAY this week.

That is utter b s. I feel for the workers. This really make,s me angry.

On top of everything I didn't know about this outfit, this is just uncalled for. You mean to tell me that B$^&$ cant pay? I think there will be more to this story in the coming days. I would be camping out along with all the other employees at her front door.

If I heard this correctly on the news last night, the CEO was on a cruise when all this went down! She was informed, while on vacation that the finances were such that they would have to shut down.

Obviously this didn't happen overnight and that the writing was on the wall well before the CEO took off for the sunny south. No regard for the the employees who did the work to line her pockets...

Disgusting!

I also heard that some private investors have stepped up to help them out. First order of business, fire that CEO!

HH

I saw this story on the news last night as well, what a shame. Some of those employees seemed really down on their luck and barely scraping by, all the while the CEO is hiding out on a flippin' cruise!?!? Worst part is they couldn't even get their records of employment to start collecting EI. What the hell is wrong with people?

Sadly this is the new economy.... she had to know what was going on but at 20 grand a month she was only looking to get as much for herself as possible... Camp out at her house..

Edited by pics

Put her in jail, that was out and out fraud, she had people working for her and knew she couldn't pay them but she let them keep working anyway! These are people that have little prospect of finding jobs elsewhere, many of them are dealing with issues that would make it difficult for them to hold down jobs in an everyday environment. She used and abused her position, I say she should have here assets frozen until this all gets sorted out, let her see what it feals like to be sitting there with nothing. What a slime ball!

Many people are not aware of a lot of corruption in that organization,

All that donated stuff by you and me, only a fraction was sold in Goodwill stores, Some grade A stuff just walked out the back door,

Most of the stuff was sold for pennies to Second hand clothing exporters.( Exporting to Eastern Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa )

Exporters who greased some "Big palms" got the biggest and the best grade shipment for literally pennies.