Horwood, Ivanhoe, Kenogamissi 2015

Tayzak15

Been a long time since I've posted on here! been very busy, but since I had some spare time today I decided to make a quick recap of our 2015 Walleye season and what a season it was! We had our best season yet for big quality Walleye.Fall was definitely the best time of the season for the big girls almost exclusively pulling crankbaits. The majority of these were caught on Horwood with the biggest being a giant 32" 13lb caught in mid October on a size 11 Berkley Flicker minnow! I apologize for the brief summary. I'll let you guys enjoy the photos instead. If anybody has questions about the walleye fishing on the bigger lakes up in this area I'd love to answer/help you guys out. Enjoy!mZTpsHT.jpgEN5sWwA.jpgYdoihWx.jpgECet0q0.jpgNuTxuie.jpg62MkPyH.jpgMoyH7RK.jpgxt2Mrk7.jpgngwE9b4.jpg1onhdKT.jpgyxwJVbH.jpgriQ0w67.jpgj629LhT.jpgZiyXttL.jpg7u6dS5W.jpgt8KCfwW.jpgEia3zRv.jpgutAXOHw.jpgvW5uB10.jpgWpdxGz6.jpgUDBdslD.jpgmdEArsU.jpgduh9p5k.jpg3N9VDre.jpgo0g7H2D.jpgeBNBaZj.jpgoFAdFgA.jpgvCgRf6k.jpg

I'm warning you now that Horwood, Chapleau area is on my bucket list! It states in the board rules "you are liable for other members drooling on their keyboard" LOL! Awesome walleyes, thanx for posting. Funny, I was just thinking the other day "where's Tayzak"??, I haven't seen any posts for quite a while.

Awesome eyes!

Hey does anyone know the secret to getting their dorsal fins to stand up for a photo?

They look so much better. Erect

CaptP, to get the dorsal fin to stand up, just tap the back of the fish, in front of the dorsal and it will pop up!

HH

Awesome! I love Horwood Lake I haven't been there in years the fishing was always great, I see you were running inline planer boards are you catching those fish over deep water and the fish are suspended or fishing structure?

A little mix of both, we usually had to experiment a bit each say sometimes they'd be hanging tight to bottom on structure while others they were suspended in the water column. Some of these were caught running crankbaits only 5 feet down over 30-40 ft of water.

Oh yes Foleyet and Chapleau what a great area to explore I have been fishing that neck of the woods since 2004

whether it be a fly in or just fishing many of the lakes off of the logging roads the fishing has always been great you are a lucky man Tayzak to be surrounded by so many lakes and rivers that offer up some awesome fishing with that being said thanks for the report and photos looks like you and your buds had a great 2015 season if I ever decide to fish Horwood maybe I can hit you up for guide services.

Cheers Mitch

Some nice "pick eyes" ,was definitely a good year for you and your buds .

Cheers to the fellow Green Bay fan as well :good:

That Packers fan is me! tough loss Saturday, but need to be proud of the team how they fought in the playoffs with quite literally no receivers left for Rodgers to throw to.

Oh yes Foleyet and Chapleau what a great area to explore I have been fishing that neck of the woods since 2004

whether it be a fly in or just fishing many of the lakes off of the logging roads the fishing has always been great you are a lucky man Tayzak to be surrounded by so many lakes and rivers that offer up some awesome fishing with that being said thanks for the report and photos looks like you and your buds had a great 2015 season if I ever decide to fish Horwood maybe I can hit you up for guide services.

Cheers Mitch

Absolutely I can show you around the lake. I do a little bit of guiding throughout the summer as well.

I did a canoe trip about 15 years ago from Biscotasing up through to Horwood. What a fantastic area. My memory is fading, but I remember the WOman River being a beautiful piece of water. Rush Lake for some nice pike. Biscotasing had OK fishing too. We did the trip in only 5 days so the ratio of fishing to paddling was out of balance for sure. But I sure caught a lot of fish over the time. Horwood was the last day so had almost no time on that lake. I think I need to go back!

Wowa we wa!!!! Them der is some mighty fine goldies. I count 5 guys maybe 6, is that 17'Lund a little crowed. My eyes aren't what they used to be. I want to see the elbows tucked in a bit when taking a fish pic. No one missed a meal I presume.

Hey Wormy Dunker, do I smell a road trip in our future? Your truck my boat. As long as that 150 can get there and back in 1 piece! Na, thinking about it better take the Silverado.

Wowa we wa!!!! Them der is some mighty fine goldies. I count 5 guys maybe 6, is that 17'Lund a little crowed. My eyes aren't what they used to be. I want to see the elbows tucked in a bit when taking a fish pic. No one missed a meal I presume.

Hey Wormy Dunker, do I smell a road trip in our future? Your truck my boat. As long as that 150 can get there and back in 1 piece! Na, thinking about it better take the Silverado.

Those were walleye caught throughout the season! I rarely have more than 3 people on my boat at a time unless I'm guiding. Its a 19 foot tracker, not a lund!, and a lot of those eyes were released for another day! Nothing over 20" is kept in my boat in our area unless its going on the wall.