I need to rant !!!

Beans

I just received a notice from the Ontario Transportation Dept. that because I will be 80 in March I must make an appointment by phone for an eye test and a group session before they will issue me a new two year drivers licence...fair enough but have you ever tried calling a government number?...have been trying the number on my application for over two hours and all I get is a busy signal...I suspect they take the phone off the hook so they won't be bothered...I know, serves me right for living beyond my allotted three score years and ten..

What a PIA !...any suggestions on getting through to them ?

good luck with that...one of my son had a issue with his license a few years ago the ministry cancelled his license by mistake so he was to call that magical number that no one ever answers...one day for giggles I called the number but it on speaker and went about my business...the call was never answered.

I got resolution by calling my MPP she got things cleared up right away!!! You also might want to try the licensing office they might be able to help!

I doubt this is the problem, but I discovered that sometimes when calling a government number using my computer they don't answer it. I assume the number doesn't show as a local number. Happened to me many times. Maybe it's similar with any VoIP.

This where you're calling?

1-800-396-4233 (toll free) or 416-235-3579 (in Toronto)

Info 1-800-387-3445

http://www.ontario.ca/page/renew-g-drivers-licence-80-years-and-over

Dang that's frustrating Norm, just keep trying. Don't spose you have auto redial? Grab yourself a beer (or drink of choice), put on a good movie and just keep hitting redial :)

Good luck hon!

Thanks Joey...I'll pass on the beer and keep on pressing redial...

I doubt this is the problem, but I discovered that sometimes when calling a government number using my computer they don't answer it. I assume the number doesn't show as a local number. Happened to me many times. Maybe it's similar with any VoIP.

This where you're calling?

1-800-396-4233 (toll free) or 416-235-3579 (in Toronto)

Info 1-800-387-3445

http://www.ontario.ca/page/renew-g-drivers-licence-80-years-and-over

Yep...the 1-800-396-4233 number is the one...

They don't list the test centers or their phone numbers...just driver renewal centers...the test center is in Lindsay...

Hi Bean,

I have just help my dad called the number 416-235-3579, before 9am it's busy signal, after 9:05am then I got the ringing tone then I was put on line for 25 mins waiting for a officer to answer my call. After you told them the number of your driver's lic, then they will tell you the closer centre, time and schedule. But it's better to use a speaker phone, if not you nee to holding your phone to wait for the officer........good luck.

Finally got through to the automated message "the office is now closed...call back after 08:30 am tomorrow"...

I used a different remote phone and dialed their number to get this message then did a redial and got the busy signal...I'm thinking maybe redial does not work for their phone number...is this a possibility ? My phone is with my cable company...

Why they don't let us make the appointment via e-mail or a form on their website?...Probably because that might make sense Grrr!

I was thinking of trying the Toronto number but I thought that was for Toronto residents...?

Edited by Beans

You need to be a refuge they will come to you and take care of everything for you! :whistling:

If you go to the drive test center in Lindsay be ready to wait for a long time. I went in a couple of weeks ago just to get my license updated with my airbrake endorsement.

Got there at 8:30 and was first in line. They opened the doors at 8:50 and when I got up to see the girl at the desk I was told I had to go over to the kiosk (which only opened at 9:00) and take a number. She then processed over 50 people from out of town while I waited.

When she had processed all the people that were there for their drive test finally at about 9:45 my number got called, by 9:50 I was done and heading out the door.

Good luck with it Beans I feel your frustration!

I have a similar situation in regard to contacting CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) about my wife's income tax returns. I have dialed the 1-800 numbers numerous times to only get a busy signal or a message "all agents are busy assisting other customers". I finally gave up. They're with holding her refund from last year. $198.00. They state she has not filed income tax returns from previous years. I have in my possession 7 years tax returns, Notice of Assessment, & Statement of account. Statement of account shows $0 dollars owing. There are so many different offices, I'm sure 1 office doesn't know what the other is doing! Today I'm going to contact my MPP. Good tip - Thanx

I don't believe Big Cliff needs to give anything a rest. He's entitled to his opinion just like you are.

Yup, TO Angler or maybe toe dangler doesn't realize that maybe he'll make 80 some day if he's wise enough.

Edited by Fisherman

I don't believe Big Cliff needs to give anything a rest. He's entitled to his opinion just like you are.

I'm sorry if I'm tired of the anti refugee Bull that gets spouted. Yes I do think it needs a rest and I will stand up for against it as is my right. This country was built on helping others and immigration.

Yup, TO Angler or maybe toe dangler doesn't realize that maybe he'll make 80 some day if he's wise enough.

You people are ignorant no wonder this board is such a joke now and is a total shadow of its former self. I'm done with this place. You can go back to being racists now I wont miss this place its not like there is any useful fishing information or a decent community here anymore just a bunch of self righteous rednecks that the times have passed by. I feel sorry for the few decent posters left but they are close to being run off anyways (Borger etc)