Simcoe Hut Operators, recommendations.

fishnsled

Happy New Year everyone, it's been a while.

A co-worker of mine is looking to rent a hut for his family for the day on Simcoe. He'd like to go for lakers and whitefish but might consider perch fishing for the action and keeping everyone entertained. I'm wondering who is the best of the best out there now a days. I'm sure most are good or they wouldn't be in business all these years. So from your personal experience or what you know, who do you recommend?

Thanks and appreciate the input.

PS - Perhaps a guide? Not sure what their budget is. I believe Steve Rowbotham and Slayingm were guiding out there.

PPS - I was at Home Depot on the weekend and they had Frabill ice huts, 2-3 man hub style, not thermal for $249 I believe. Just thought I'd throw that out there if anyone is looking around. This was at the Whitby location and lots of stock.

Edited by fishnsled

FishnSled

Perch West side of Cook's, Gilford would be Terry Goy Fish Huts

Lakers/Whitefish South side of K-Bay Bear Point Fish Hut Rentals

Perch and Lakers/Whitefish East side Tim Hales Fish Huts out of Beaverton He puts huts on both Perch and Lakers/Whitefish grounds

Guides You pretty well have it covered with Steve and Greg But I would also highly recommend Ryan Hare of We Pound 'em Fishing

Have Fun

Tim Hales has always served us well.

Last time out with him, he ran us out to deep water for a shot at lakers and then at noon or there about, he picked us up and took us back to his perch huts. It was a mid week trip and he wasn't busy and agreed to do this for us.

Clean, warm huts and lots of bait.

Dan.

Is having a hut something they are really looking for?

If they don't need a hut, I know someone who can guide them, and bring all the gear. But it will be open holes, or pop-ups..

Likely save a few bucks.

PM me if your interested.

Thanks for the input everyone, I'll be sure to pass along the information

They thinking LATE February Will ? :whistling:

The initial part of the question regarding hut operators was "If we get ice this year, I'd like to take the family out...." lol. The perch grounds should be set up nicely fairly soon in some areas.

Is having a hut something they are really looking for?

If they don't need a hut, I know someone who can guide them, and bring all the gear. But it will be open holes, or pop-ups..

Likely save a few bucks.

PM me if your interested.

I believe they are looking for transportation and a hut. If not I'll let you know, thanks!

I also like Tim Hales, what you're paying for is the hut, service and transport & his are very good. Good private parking on his own property & very interesting collection of mounts & old Simcoe gear in the office.

Yep, by far the best equipment on the lake. Has a great spot there, with all kinds of really cool lake simcoe history. I love the mounted laker with the spear thru it....totally awesome!

To top it off, he's a hell of a nice guy!

S.

Somewhere on the office's walls, there's a picture of my eldest brother (RIP), holding his catch. Don't remember anything else about the pic; but it's there, from back in the late 70's - early 80's.

He loved ice fishing Simcoe; only surpassed by the Nipissing, out of Bear Creak; in it's hay days. Man I miss those times with him; he was tough on his little brother; but man did I learn a lot from him.

Dan.

~~~Been checking reports from Tim's Page, seeing some great hauls coming in so I have booked a hut for this weekend and next

Yep, he is always on the perch. You should do well. I will be in that area this weekend as well. What day you going? Maybe I will stop by and have a visit.

S.