Fishing in Jamaica

Shloim

Hi Folks I posted a very similar post on another site that makes it easier to post pics but Im gonna give it a try here too!

So once again on a Jamaican vacation, I got out with some locals on 2 mornings with my guy Danny Binns in Mobay (I have his cell# if anyone wants it) Our first day out we only got 4 fish and he offered to take me out a second day as his guest! A true gentleman! Well on our second day out we used my 2 6'6" Med rods with 3000 series rods 30lb braid with 12 lb flouro leaders. Well we smashed 16 fish in 3 hours before it got too rough. But what a morning!!! We caught tunas, mackerals and jacks. It was out of control, can't wait to get back

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Shloim1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsiyq42xyx.jpeg?1452474147690&1452474148746&1452474152113&1452474154890

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Shloim1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsblhmymjm.jpeg.html?o=1

hope this works

Never been to Ocho but the shore fishing is not usually that good, mo bay for instance has low tide in the am and the first 20 yards are very shallow. Ur best bets are evenings from the shore with some raw shrimp from the grill.3" Berkley powerbait ripple shads in bright colours worked well. I used firetiger last time and purple another time worked well. I would try to find a local that can take you out I paid $250 CDN and got lucky as he took me out a second time too for the same money. Good luck! Also bring some cheap spinners or spoons from the dollar store they work well and they will gratefully be recieved. Might be why I got a second trip out from this guy.

Nice bunch of fish there Shloim!!!

If anyone is ever interested in a deep sea fishing adventure in Jamaica, look up Island Dog Water Sports, in Ocho Rios.

I finally had the opportunity to try this out and I did not regret spending the coin. Cost was $650 for a 6 hour charter. We were three per boat so this help cut the cost down. We targeted Blue and White Marlin & Mahi Mahi with the odd Barracuda thrown in. Check out the video I made below. It is quite long since I wanted to show a bit of everyone action, but well worth the watch if your interested in doing something like this in Jamaica. Some of the best footage is near the end. Got a couple real good shots of my marlin jumping out of the water at around 5:45. In total we got two white marlin, 6 mahi mahi, and 3 barracuda.

We spent the day trolling top water plugs in about 800 FOW next to floating weeds and debris the ocean currents had gathered together. Yes, trolling a weedline in 800 FOW hahah. Such a fun experience and I can't wait to do something like this again.

Edited by LucG

I am in Ocho right now. Fishing is the last thing on my mind. That being said there is a guy that I might call for this weekend. Sunshine Watersport. Every single review is a good one and I would assume be cheaper than the big boats. As Lookin said, jerk everything.....red stripe.....30 degrees......reggae music......ya mon. Life is good right now!

Great video....got a kick out of the mate having at 'er trying to pacify the marlin with substantial chunk of wood.

Thanks. And yeah, they weren't throwing anything back.

jerk chicken...red Stripe...Bob Marley...herb..... turquoise water....fishing seems like such a waste of time in Jamaica mon.....

You do have a decent point, but if you knew me, and how much I like fishing, it wouldn't come as a surprise that I went fishing. haha

I am in Ocho right now. Fishing is the last thing on my mind. That being said there is a guy that I might call for this weekend. Sunshine Watersport. Every single review is a good one and I would assume be cheaper than the big boats. As Lookin said, jerk everything.....red stripe.....30 degrees......reggae music......ya mon. Life is good right now!

I'm jealous, miss it already. Can't wait to go back. Have fun!