What a start to the 2016 Season - Fishing the FLW Tour

jedimaster

I did fish bbt yes with my cousin. He still fishes them. I had lots of fun fishing those. Maybe will try and get to some again. Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Really I can't say it enough all the kind words meant and means so much to me. if you are a torunament guy or girl. It's something you should really experience. Unlike anything I have fished up here.

Wow man nice job down there followed the entire event. Must of been a blast, I guess so many emotions going through the mind sometimes but when you let it all go and fish is when the magic happens. It's on my bucket list to get down to Okeechobee for a week vacation. Bring some flipping stick's, frog rods and some rods for swim jigs and chatter baits. Suits my style, learning the new vegetation and water colour would be the tough part at first I would think. I would love to just flip reeds and cover all day looking for those same 2 bites you got in your picture haha!

Please keep posting as you fish new events! Good luck this year

MTBF

Honestly when I started it, it was all about fishing a bucket list lake, I figured the entry is close to what I would have paid for guides for two days. I just fished as hard as I could and came away with an awesome couple days of fishing. If anyone goes down there blind feel free to drop me a line. I learn a lot while I was down there. Would be happy to help people out. Just an amazing fishery. Did you guys know that the state of Florida pays anglers 100 dollars cash for pictures and measurements of any 8 pound or larger fish as well as location and lure. They use that info and post it on a website to help boost the fishing tourism industry.

Now if only I could learn to type, lol. I re read some of what I posted. Wow. I am gonna blame it on the nerves as I still get chills sitting here staring at the flw trophy on the shelf beside my tv. Really the best part of the whole thing as far as results go is having that top 5 on the first tournament of the season and having 195 points banked in 6 event series. Huge. Last year the 5th place guys got 995 points total. That leaves me 800 points to accumulate over the last 5 events to have a shot at a top 5 that nets a good chunk of cash, an invite into the tour invitationals and invite to go pro next season. A top 100 grants me entry back in as a co angler. It's getting ahead of myself I know but just as in any sport points watching starts day 1. Top 100's average all the way should get me in contention for an invite back and a top 40 average should get me close to a top 5. One cast, One fish, one bag, one tournament at a time. For me this year my eyes are set on learning the tour lakes, picking up tricks of the trade from the pros and continuing to build on my knowledge and of course enjoy fishing.

Honestly when I started it, it was all about fishing a bucket list lake, I figured the entry is close to what I would have paid for guides for two days. I just fished as hard as I could and came away with an awesome couple days of fishing. If anyone goes down there blind feel free to drop me a line. I learn a lot while I was down there. Would be happy to help people out. Just an amazing fishery. Did you guys know that the state of Florida pays anglers 100 dollars cash for pictures and measurements of any 8 pound or larger fish as well as location and lure. They use that info and post it on a website to help boost the fishing tourism industry.

LOL, Florida must be getting fished out! 40 years ago you could walk into just about any doctor's, dentist's, or business persons office here and see a 10+ pound bass on the wall! All live shiner fish with a guide!

I watched the day one weigh in, still some big names in there and a chance to learn from guys that have been there! Of course a little luck always helps! Have fun at it!

I did cross Okeechobee off my bucket list before the term was popular. My PB was 7 pounds 6 ozs. Our guide said I lost bigger fish until I lost my fear of pulling through slop.I think that us non Largie guys that fineness fish here have that fear and loose nice fish. If I can get a small 8 pounder there anyone can.

Note, using 10" or bigger shinners on balloon floats you can see from 100 feet and a guide that has xray vision must help.