Anyone want to fish Great Slave Lake with me?

solopaddler

I'm not quite ready to launch this promotion yet, but I'm so stoked about it I'm going to leak a little info early. :)

I will be holding a contest for one very lucky angler to join me August 6-13 at Frontier Lodge on the east arm of Great Slave! We will be guided by Corey Myers who is an unbelievably nice young man and truly excellent angler. Corey has been guiding at Frontier for years and his good humor and skill will add a lot to this trip!

There will be a number of other companies sponsoring this contest, meaning whoever wins is going to get a pretty epic prize package besides just the trip itself!

Epic trophy lake trout, giant pike, and "maybe" the best arctic grayling fishing in the world in the Stark River right next to the lodge.

Have a look at this:

And Frontier's website:

http://www.frontierfishinglodge.com/

To say I'm excited about this is an understatement, details to follow! :)

Don't have all the details yet, but this will not be a draw, I can tell you the winner will be chosen by a panel of judges. I'll likely have entrants include a photo and 50 words on why they should win. My educated guess is anyone who participates will likely have pretty decent odds of winning. :)

FWIW there will be a cost to enter, although I don't know what that will be yet. It won't be an insane amount though. The premise being I need to raise some capital so the spring issue of the magazine can be printed.

just to guage...insane amount means a large range...are we talking 100 bucks or 10? either way i still plan on entering seeing as i would never have to opportunity to do a fly in fishing trip with my current financial status and age.

just to guage...insane amount means a large range...are we talking 100 bucks or 10? either way i still plan on entering seeing as i would never have to opportunity to do a fly in fishing trip with my current financial status and age.

I'm not sure yet although there's no way it'll be much more than $100. My guess is 10 bucks would get more entries. If it IS $100 your odds are going to be pretty excellent. :)