Xplornet Bad Rap?

Mr.Topwater!

Hi all. I just moved to Land o' Lakes region. After exhausting all options for internet, it left dial-up and Xplornet. I resignedly chose the latter. So far, so good. I'm very pleasantly surprised at the reliability ,even during last nite's wind and snow. Now I live in beautiful country with good fishing and the 'net, to boot! Ah, sweet retirement.

Congrats on the retirement thing!

We had Xplornet here and were so happy to get rid of it, I even had the direct phone number or their operations manager at one point because there were so many problems with it (he finally left the company). At one point they were going to send a technician from Ottawa to here to fix things up but they wanted us to pay for the milage and travel time, five hours each way to fix their problems! We changed service providers.

Hopfully they have improved significantly!

I've had xplornet for around 5 years and really it's not that bad. It works perfect for Web surfing, emails, and even watching videos. The only downer is download limits suck so it's pointless to get something like netflix. Also make sure the dish is clear of snow and signal can be lost during snow and rain storms.