Catfish anyone?

OhioFisherman

Wowza. What size live well do you need t 47"oA Bl keep 105 pound fish alive, another boat filled with water? It didn't mention what lb. test, crane cable? Good for him, a story for a lifetime if he never catches another fish. Anyone know the world record cat?

Watch for the naysayers to come out now. It always seems to happen on a record fish.

I know how to Bing and Google.

2011, Nick Anderson a HS Football coach in Greenville North Carolina on Fathers Day weekend. A IGFA recognized World record of a Blue Catfish weighing in at 143 pounds measuring 57" long and a girth of 47".

This is where the naysayers start coming out of the millwork I'm sure. It took 45 minutes and he said he used an Ugly Stick with a Shimano reel spooled with 30 pound test. The record of any catfish in some states is not recognized as some consider them to be an invasive species. I believe it was caught but I have trouble myself picturing a Wall Mart Ugly Stick holding out that long.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

The guy is a guide on that lake, his business will probably get a bump?

Ugly Sticks aren't the most sensitive rods out there, but they are tough, and fairly inexpensive.

Catfish aren't Salmon, they aren't known for blazing runs? A properly set drag and some time and you wear them out, 30 pound test is fine for that. If you are in a boat fishing it makes it easier, they lead, you follow! LOL

There was a campground near me that also ran a couple of pay to fish catfish ponds, nothing as huge as those, but a chance at one 40-50 pounds. Ohio used to have a number of places like that, most ran the cat fishing deal from dusk till dawn. It gave people a place to park their lawn chairs and suck back a few beers while fishing.