Open Seat (weather permitting) Niagara steelhead

HTHM

I was hoping to go out on the Niagara this coming Wednesday the 23'rd for some steelhead. I have the boat, but no idea what I am doing. If there is anyone who knows how to steelhead on the Niagara and is willing to some me the ropes, I would be happy to go out with you.

I would be leaving from the Hamilton area. Let me know via PM.

I would be careful Albert, that is some serious water there. My wife is from Queenston and has some tales of experienced boaters that thought they knew the river. I have been twice and won't go to far upriver again. Too squirrely for me. I caught a huge beauty Chrome in front of Art Park that turned out to be a Coho, experience is a lifetime of mistakes.

You sure are getting your moneys worth from the new rig, good on ya. I hope a local takes you up on the nice offer.

I watched a show from a few years back when they were out in December. Less rain 3 years ago but similar temps. Cold enough for you yet up there DR. Calling for a balmy 14 Christmas Eve. That's just not right for the kids, send snow please. For me I want to see Palm trees sprouting on the Erie beach myself. I guess that would signal the World's end though, not good.

Rain has nothing to do with it. The strong SW or W winds muddy up Erie and the river.

U may be able to get out after Christmas. That's my plan/hope.

The river is a safe place if u have common sense. Fish the backdraft right at the launch of go across to artpark. Be cautious of N winds at the mouth as it can make very big waves against the river current.

Do you have a trolling motor and are you good with it?