NF - Beer Lovers... Need help

jedimaster

Believe me there is such a thing as bad beer. A Brava anyone?

Hey Wormdunker, I have seen you do damage to a few brown pops, how would you know how it tastes anyhoo? It never hit your tongue long enough to taste it !!!!

My fave all time is good old Rolling Rock. Not a beer guy per se but I know what I do and do not like. I'll try it as long as it\s ice cold and isn't served at just below room temp like many places in Italy and Cuba.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

This might help. It sounds like an interesting brew. Happy searching.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28086/93552/

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/8203/40856/

Notice on that site that typical American beers like Miller apparently aspire to being OK....many, if not most, are rated as being awful!! :lol: Call me a beer snob if you like but I'd rather pay a bit extra for something with a good flavor( but I've never thrown out any beer---well, apart from Coors Lite)

This might help. It sounds like an interesting brew. Happy searching.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28086/93552/

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/8203/40856/

Was going to say the same thing. Great site for finding quality beer and learning a little more about what you're consuming. That being said, the Warsteiner Dunkel is probably the closest thing you'll find to the Hoynes. Beeradvocate also recommends the Becks Dark. Me, not so much.

Notice on that site that typical American beers like Miller apparently aspire to being OK....many, if not most, are rated as being awful!! :lol: Call me a beer snob if you like but I'd rather pay a bit extra for something with a good flavor( but I've never thrown out any beer---well, apart from Coors Lite)

I like a good IPA over most and, while Canadian brewers are making great beer these days, the Americans have it down to a science! The problem though, is that the LCBO has a very rocky relationship with our friends down south and, unless the guy doing the ordering is a real beer guy, most lcbos won't carry a real good selection of American craft beers. Not the biggest problem though. Like I said, Canadian brewers are making some awesome IPAs these days!

I like a good IPA over most and, while Canadian brewers are making great beer these days, the Americans have it down to a science! The problem though, is that the LCBO has a very rocky relationship with our friends down south and, unless the guy doing the ordering is a real beer guy, most lcbos won't carry a real good selection of American craft beers. Not the biggest problem though. Like I said, Canadian brewers are making some awesome IPAs these days!

I hear their craft beer is quite good but their mass produced stuff is 'canoe beer' in the worse sense. Pilsner originated in the Czech lands (town/city of Plzn) so when I feel like a pilsner I buy some Czech stuff from LCBO.

I am a huge fan of the Granville island English bay pale ale, very smooth beer not too hoppy but a nice sipping beer for sure, other than that innis & gunn is my absolute favourite, and they have a bunch of variety in terms of the finish of the beer due to them being cask brewed

I am a huge fan of the Granville island English bay pale ale, very smooth beer not too hoppy but a nice sipping beer for sure, other than that innis & gunn is my absolute favourite, and they have a bunch of variety in terms of the finish of the beer due to them being cask brewed

Yay! Another for innus and gunn!

Remember when the prices were crazy?

Pilsner originated in the Czech lands (town/city of Plzn) so when I feel like a pilsner I buy some Czech stuff from LCBO.

Same; like pilsner urquell. But (here's where you all make fun of me) I'll grab a Blue for my regular I know how it's going to taste and cost beer.

Yeah they've dropped quite a bit actually, I'm going to have to make a stop tomorrow and get some for all the Christmas dinners ahead of me lol

About 8 years ago while working in alberta I bought a 12 pack and it was 60 or 70 bucks!

Back then I think they only had the one out?

Now they have those 4 pack teasers, all our really good! And maybe like 14 bucks

Edited by manitoubass2

Same; like pilsner urquell. But (here's where you all make fun of me) I'll grab a Blue for my regular I know how it's going to taste and cost beer.

Funny you say that about Blue. I lived in Germany for 3 years and a few of my friends visited the year after I moved back here. They all agreed that Blue was one of the Canadian beers that was closest to what they're used to. I'm with you on Blue being a good, stable beer for average occasions. That being said, there's always room for a good trappist tripple, Guinness and Keiths...

Funny you say that about Blue. I lived in Germany for 3 years and a few of my friends visited the year after I moved back here. They all agreed that Blue was one of the Canadian beers that was closest to what they're used to. I'm with you on Blue being a good, stable beer for average occasions. That being said, there's always room for a good trappist tripple, Guinness and Keiths...

I get made fun of often as "the old man beer" and other jokes but it's the best Canadian pilsner out there. Guinness is another great pint! *just decided to head out to the pub for a Guinness now after that post*

I was stocking up yesterday at the in and out store in Dover and came across a 4 pac of Innis and Dunn, it is still at the LCBO as it is not in my budget as a taste tester. I think it was 4 bucks a bottle. Man I can be frugal, my wife says cheap.

Its worth it IMO

A 4 pack of innus is perfect (beautiful beer)