Selling Legal Pot In L.C.B.O. Makes Alot Of Sense. Premier Says. NF

fish_fishburn

Definitely not my favorite smell on a river when steelheading and I always seem to be downwind why is that??? :) Oh yeah and the same applies when deer hunting ..... always seem to downwind!

Funny you should mention this..I have a friend that swears the Deer are drawn to the smell of smoked weed. He is a wild life photographer many times now when he lights up the deer come to him..You cant make this stuff up as he has the pics to prove his theory...

As for the tobacco and weed smoke thing..If you smoked 25 joints a day (good gawd) yes that would be far worse then tobacco..However even the most chronic person I know does maybe 3 to 4 a day on the weekend..My other buddies that smoke cigarettes go thru 25 to 35 a day..There is just no comparison there at all..one joint unfiltered compared to one cigarette id say that the cigarette is indeed better..But im not scientist

I have not read all 259 posts, nor do I intend to, but it seems to me that given the potential damge to the brains of people 25 or under, the regulations need to be more stringent than the LCBO can administer.

prove it .

..you can't ,

there is no proof !

and the proof they have actually points to the opposite of what you are inferring.

,potential...maybe...could....might....may....

give some proof words to your statement!

Scientific studies have shown this but what the heck do scientists know?? Better to listen to some guy spouting off on a fishing forum!!

This is nonsense unless your familiar with studying compounds.

But its you view and I can certainly appreciate your free speech.

In all honesty, alot of double random blind placebo studies need to be done, to come to better understanding of marijuana.

So many variables based alone on how many active components are active in marijuana, and then add to that the many different kinds, potentcy of different strains, indica and sativa, growth methods, delivery methods, age/sex, etc

When it is legalized I would like to see the age of majority for purchasing it higher than for purchasing alcohol which was 21 until the year the age of majority was lowered to 19 and I just happened to turn 19 that year, or was it 18 in 72? Can anyone remember that far back? Regardless of my change in attitude for smoking weed, 19 is too young. I know what the rebuttal is "they are going to get it anyway". I am known to change my views when presented enough fact. My wife says it because I am a Libra, I say I'm mature enough to recognize when I'm wrong and admit it.

If weed will be available from the Black Market for less dealers will still stay in business. Just as are illegal cigarettes and booze now.

When it is legalized I would like to see the age of majority for purchasing it higher than for purchasing alcohol which was 21 until the year the age of majority was lowered to 19 and I just happened to turn 19 that year, or was it 18 in 72? Can anyone remember that far back? Regardless of my change in attitude for smoking weed, 19 is too young. I know what the rebuttal is "they are going to get it anyway". I am known to change my views when presented enough fact. My wife says it because I am a Libra, I say I'm mature enough to recognize when I'm wrong and admit it.

If weed will be available from the Black Market for less dealers will still stay in business. Just as are illegal cigarettes and booze now.

I agree, and disagree. The science just isnt there(and thats why i agree to an extent)

Got you by a couple of years. They lowered it to 18 a few months after I turned 21 , so that would have been 1971. I was on a summer job doing a survey for the Ganaraska Conservation Authority , living in a motel in Port Hope. They raised it back up to 19 a few years later.

Its just more rules

I smoked my first joint on a family trip out west when I was 16.

Its all the crowd you hang with after that, and what you are made of in the first place.

I think 16 yrs is old enough. We allow kids to drive cars at 16. We also allow kids to walk into any Timmies or Starbucks and buy a coffee at any age, no id required and its more addictive than cannabis.If we make the age 21 or 25 or whatever we are not protecting that age group and the cops will be targeting that group and busting them giving them criminal records. Id should be required to purchase a Slush Puppy, say minimum 18 since your purchasing a big cup of poison

I agree, and disagree. The science just isnt there(and thats why i agree to an extent)

I don't always go by scientific fact to make up my opinion on a matter. Gut feelings have saved me a few times. Gut feelings probably have a scientific basis to them too. Years of experience locked away in the brain and without recalling a specific incident you get a "gut feeling". Call it instinct, intuition or whatever.

I just think the age of majority should be 21, but that won't happen very soon. But then again I have seen more maturity from some 13 year olds than some 70 year olds but that doesn't happen often enough for me to say a 19 year old can make good decisions.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I don't think any drug, illegal or legal, of any kind can be good for developing minds and bodies. Hell, most drugs are bad for you no matter how old you are. And yes, most of that is just a gut feel on the situation and mostly my opinion. That said, legal drinking age should be old enough for this. Let's not complicate things.

And as for the black market... It'd have to be substantially cheaper on the black market for people to avoid the legal stuff. I'm not sure how many of you frequent your local pot dealer, but most I've come across I'd want to avoid like the plague. There's a good chance some of them have the plague lol.