freeze or not

MJIG

hey its no different than last year folks, and last winter was bloody epic

mild december, but the winter outlook calls for more vortex in February. Id take a hard freeze in Jan Feb, over sketchy snow covered ice that never freezes in december!

We didnt have ice in PAB until the second week of January last year which is unheard of but ended up having the best ice weve ever had!

hey its no different than last year folks, and last winter was bloody epic

mild december, but the winter outlook calls for more vortex in February. Id take a hard freeze in Jan Feb, over sketchy snow covered ice that never freezes in december!

We didnt have ice in PAB until the second week of January last year which is unheard of but ended up having the best ice weve ever had!

I was on the ice the first weekend in December, in Simcoe County on 3.5" to 5" solid black ice. Same spot right now is obviously open water. A very big difference from last year I would say :whistling:

This is a very depressing season for early ice crappies.

I was on the ice the first weekend in December, in Simcoe County on 3.5" to 5" solid black ice. Same spot right now is obviously open water. A very big difference from last year I would say :whistling:

This is a very depressing season for early ice crappies.

whaaaa

we had a little early season ice but it came off at christmas when it was 15 and thunderstorming. Are you sure that wasnt two years ago?

whaaaa

we had a little early season ice but it came off at christmas when it was 15 and thunderstorming. Are you sure that wasnt two years ago?

Ya, I'm sure. Jeremy84 and I where fishing last year, in the pouring rain you're talking about, Christmas eve. on 6" of ice.

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77226&hl=

Edited by N.A.W

^^ Yup.. Going duck hunting tomorrow morning. About 10 minutes from where I was Ice fishing this time last year!

Nick,

Terry and I were ice fishing on that lake in November, 2 years ago. I still remember reading posts about how we were seen from the hwy from passer bys. LOL

Terry and I were ice fishing on that lake in November, 2 years ago. I still remember reading posts about how we were seen from the hwy from passer bys. LOL

You guys posted the 1st OFC ice report of the season, beating me out by a day or less. I remember that.

I am actually fine with this weather. November was a piece of cake, the long term forecast is warm, next weekend 11 degrees here.

I'll get out on the ice later. For now, I'm enjoying not freezing my nuts off.

You guys posted the 1st OFC ice report of the season, beating me out by a day or less. I remember that.

I am actually fine with this weather. November was a piece of cake, the long term forecast is warm, next weekend 11 degrees here.

I'll get out on the ice later. For now, I'm enjoying not freezing my nuts off.

Im enjoying this weather as well Chris. The river callith, even more. LOL

Ya, I'm sure. Jeremy84 and I where fishing last year, in the pouring rain you're talking about, Christmas eve. on 6" of ice.

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77226&hl=

Loved that day. Never ice fished in a rainstorm before.

Dynamic_Bear thought that was open water behind us. Just awesome.