Mass shooting in California

npt1

While simplistic it is a true statement. The first thing you have to deal with is the bad guys have guns and will not be the ones turning them in if they become illegal. Pandoras box is open you can not close the lid so what works for Canada will never work in the USA. Personally i am glad Canada does not have access to handguns or assault rifles your culture would become more violent and mirror the path our culture has taken. You meaning most people of Canadian culture will not understand the dynamics going on down here. I am good with that it is one of the things I like about Up North people who still have the ability to have hope for a gentler world to live in. Funny thing is if you read Pandoras box once the evil was released inside the box was a small nugget left behind and it was called Hope. I think that nugget can be called Canada too.

Art

We have access to handguns and assault rifles.They are classed as restricted firearms,which you must take a firearms safety course,as well as a lengthy background check.There are no CCW permits up here,only LEO's and armored truck personel are allowed to carry.Restricted firearms must be trigger locked and kept in a locked case/ or gun safe at all times.You transport your locked cases to the range, have some fun, then they get transported back home.Our pistol magazines are restricted to 10 rounds max,all rifles 5 rounds max.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/us/fear-in-the-air-americans-look-over-their-shoulders.html?mabReward=A7&moduleDetail=recommendations-0&action=click&contentCollection=Opinion&region=Footer&module=WhatsNext&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&src=recg&pgtype=article

I have stayed out of this one as I made my thoughts on this particular subject clear last time. However, the article above provides some interesting insights to the impact this gun toting mentality is having on a broad number of America's citizens. Some on here won't change their opinion until their gun is pried from their cold dead hands. Charlton didn't recognize the irony inherent in that statement. Hopefully some can open their minds to an alternative position. Interesting comment from one of the readers of an article ..."Americans shoot other Americans... Canadians shoot with other Canadians" but anyway just thought this was worth sharing.

We have access to handguns and assault rifles.They are classed as restricted firearms,which you must take a firearms safety course,as well as a lengthy background check.There are no CCW permits up here,only LEO's and armored truck personel are allowed to carry.Restricted firearms must be trigger locked and kept in a locked case/ or gun safe at all times.You transport your locked cases to the range, have some fun, then they get transported back home.Our pistol magazines are restricted to 10 rounds max,all rifles 5 rounds max.

Thanks for the info. I did not know about the handgun assault rifle restrictions I though it was though shalt not have situation.

Art

There's lots of stories of accidental shootings, like a 3 year old accidentally shooting mom. Not so many stories of armed citizens gunning down bad dudes or terrorists.

The media does not report near as many accidents from other reasons such as a middle age child killed after falling off the monkey bars. The gun shooting is a story that sells while the kid who fell is just a accident. The amount of time where the situation presents itself to step up and be the hero and save the public guns a blazing is very rare compared to the number of other ways people die. I still contend that a gun is a tool that when cared for , put away and used properly it will rust into scrape before it does anything bad.

Humans hurrumph we are the plague on the earth lol

Art

I'm not so sure our gun laws are all that great. I agree with things the way we have it, but I'm not so smug to believe they are all that thorough with things like background checks and such. When i applied for my PAL a few years back, it dod take a few months, but none of my references were contacted....including my WIFE! I'm thinking that they should hve at least clled her to see if She was aware of my application!

Did your wife sign the form Rattletrap? That might indicate an acknowledgement on her part. I've had my spouse and my other references checked when getting my RPAL. I can't remember from when I just had a PAL.

And you have a CPIC check done on you every single day when you have a firearms license. It's a continous eligiblity program.