Matchedash Bay area next weekend

Master of Bait

Morning OFNers,

Just looking for a suggestion. I'm heding up to the Matchedash Bay (Coldwater) area next weekend and I'm hoping to sneak in a morning of shore-bound fishing somewhere.

I've never fished this area at this time of year and I'm not sure what to expect. Would there be any open water at that time?

Any fishing to be had in Match Bay, G Bay, government docks, a year-round open stretch of the Coldwater river for steelies?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers,

MoB

Huronia Bait and Tackle in Fesserton.

It's between Coldwater and Wuabushene on hwy 12.

It's on a little side road, off the main highway.

If the owner isn't there, just ring the bell, he lives across the road and will come over and get you minnows.

I was fishing the government dock in Waubashene 2 weekends ago with a couple friends.We gave it a couple hours with no luck,as i was packing up my stuff my one friend tells me to grab my rod and come back. There were 2 nice sized pike eyeballing his lure but no takers. They kept coming and going but wouldnt bite, I was using little crappie minnows so maybe a bigger minnow would have helped entice them to bite.

There definitely won't be any ice, lol. You could try the Coldwater for steel right in town with the locals (Pray for some rain before you go)

Be nice to the local byes. They are old and very werey of outsiders. My first visit there, I just sat back and watched and got to talking. I am lucky enough to have been excepted as an outsider. I only got it as I stepped aside and gave his spot back my second trip back there. LOL

RESPECT to my elders,even though Im getting up there in age too. :canadian: