Little Too Far? Maybe....

FloatnFly

But I love how the i didn do nuffin comes out when people get caught. People are always quick to assume a cop is on a power trip. Perhaps this gentleman pulled out his Facebook law degree and started acting like a tool and talked himself into a ticket?

It's always the cops fault lol

Save yourself the headache man, your about to get cop bashed, and told about all the terrible power tripping things that Policemen do . It's not worth the bandwidth to try and argue to the contrary . As far as they are concerned your last sentence is how things are. Sad but true .

That seems funny about the member being ticketed for a burnt out light bulb. When I do a safety inspection on an average sized non commercial vehicle; the only rear light that must work, is the license plate light. As for signals and brake lights, they are not required; but the drivers window must go down (doesn't matter if it doesn't go back up) so that the operator of the vehicle can perform hand signals. That's not a word for word quote from the regs but pretty close.

So I don't think the cops can charge you for the actual brake or signal light being burnt out; but likely for improper signal, by not using hand signal?

Dan.

Sorry for the double post but I forgot this.

When I first bought my 50 Chev, it didn't have (from the factory) signal lights, just brake lights and I was pulled over by a young cop, saying I didn't signal. I said yes I did, I used my left turn hand signal; he was to the right rear of me and probably didn't see my hand. After I showed him that the car was never fitted with signal lights; he said have a good day and let me go. I have since installed signals lights; I was tired of people waving back at me when I was making a turn. LOL

Dan.

my ex gf's father was a cop, and my good buddy in college, both his parents were retired cops, I've received a lot of grooming how to interact, and how to protect myself....but cops get tired of being lied to, extravagant excuses....I find being honest will get you off minor tickets more times than not

I think the cop bashing mentality comes from the truly bad cop stories that go public, and are either a slap on the wrist or swept under the rug, very easy to understand how they all get painted with the same brush, they police the public, they should also police their own...

but I will say, when you get a distracted ticket in a drive thru, imo that's a quota/cash grab ticket

This guy who got the ticket pretty much did the police a favour and let the public know what happened. The police are trying to bring awareness that texting either completely stopped or driving is not cool and will get you a ticket. Good on the cop, but I hope he did it for all the right reasons.

I bet if he takes it to court the officer won't set a court date. That being said, I have been wrong before.

I really like threads like this. The info is good for the paranoid folks like myself. I finally got my insurance down to 'non-mortgage' prices after 6 years and I want to do everything possible to keep it there. Sometimes I'm just not sure what that involves.

Tim's junkies trying to get a fix

Talk about distracted driving.

I have to make a turn on the way too and from work; where there's a Timmy's is on the corner. I cannot count the number of times I've be cut off by people going in or leaving that store. Had one woman come across 4 lanes and forced me to jump the curb, for her not to hit me. Got up beside her at the next lights and she was completely oblivious as to what she had done; as she sat there sipping on her coffee. Oh yea Corvettes don't like jumping curbs and bent a tie rod.

Dan.

All my run ins with police have been awesome.

Do yourself a favour,obviously dont break the law on purpose, if you accidentally break a law and get pulled over,

BE HONEST and BE POLITE

Never had a bad run in following these 2 rules

And trust me,as a teen/early 20s i did some dumb stuff

I've been nothing but polite and respectful to police when I get pulled over but have never gotten a warning. Always a ticket or, at best, a lesser sentence.

I was told by a buddy though that 'admission of guilt' when they pull me over is my biggest mistake. Be polite, be helpful, but never admit what you did wrong. Any truth to this?

No you didn't, if you're pulled over to the side of the road Put your car in park wth your signal on you're fine. If you're in a parking lot the HTA doesn't apply so you're fine if you pull into a parking lot.

But I love how the i didn do nuffin comes out when people get caught. People are always quick to assume a cop is on a power trip. Perhaps this gentleman pulled out his Facebook law degree and started acting like a tool and talked himself into a ticket?

Of course he's not going to run to the media and say yeah I was being an idiot and broke the law and lipped off. It's always the cops fault lol

Facebook law degree lmao! Yup way too many of those idiots around these days. Feel bad for the polic that gotta put up with them while they try doing their job

I've been nothing but polite and respectful to police when I get pulled over but have never gotten a warning. Always a ticket or, at best, a lesser sentence.

I was told by a buddy though that 'admission of guilt' when they pull me over is my biggest mistake. Be polite, be helpful, but never admit what you did wrong. Any truth to this?

I dunno anytime I've got out of a ticket I've always admitted I was going a little fast. Really does depend on the officers mood that day. The worst are the female OPP officers, I've never caught a break from one of them.

People are a bit reluctant to give the cops the benefit of doubt when we keep hearing about them shooting people who might be a bit dangerous but not life threatening, beating up on people at the G20 for no good reason and getting off w/o any serious consequences. So, until the good cops are willing to flush out the bad ones and not stick together like poo to a blanket, the general public will continue to cut them very little slack.

Some cops are pricks most are not. The private property thing is way to grey.

Years ago when I lived in Bradford, my Neighbor was cleaning his truck, In his driveway, with his tenant blocking him in. It was a sunny day and a weekend. Naturally he had been having a few beers while cleaning his truck. He had several empties on his front steps, and a halt full beer he was drinking on the hood. Low and behold, one of south simcoe's finest, drives by. Not once but 3 times. On the 3rd time he pulled in front of his driveway, and proceeded to arrest him for impaired because the keys were in the ignition so he could listen to music. The charge stuck. No previous record for anything. Now he's labelled for life.

He never had any intention on driving, and had no need to go anywhere. That cop took a good tongue lashing from the rest of us in the neighbourhood after putting him in the back of the cruiser.

Just another south simcoe dick on a power trip.

Discretion should have been used that day for sure.

True story.

I don't trust cops period. They have a tough job, but I don't trust any because of actions of a few.

Sad really.

Some cops are pricks most are not. The private property thing is way to grey.

Years ago when I lived in Bradford, my Neighbor was cleaning his truck, In his driveway, with his tenant blocking him in. It was a sunny day and a weekend. Naturally he had been having a few beers while cleaning his truck. He had several empties on his front steps, and a halt full beer he was drinking on the hood. Low and behold, one of south simcoe's finest, drives by. Not once but 3 times. On the 3rd time he pulled in front of his driveway, and proceeded to arrest him for impaired because the keys were in the ignition so he could listen to music. The charge stuck. No previous record for anything. Now he's labelled for life.

He never had any intention on driving, and had no need to go anywhere. That cop took a good tongue lashing from the rest of us in the neighbourhood after putting him in the back of the cruiser.

Just another south simcoe dick on a power trip.

Discretion should have been used that day for sure.

True story.

I don't trust cops period. They have a tough job, but I don't trust any because of actions of a few.

Sad really.

Now that is just ridiculous, wow