Hydro bill. Nf

mr blizzard

1000sq/ft upstairs and basement. Added 3/4" styrofoam insulation before recladding with vinyl. Attic got another 8-10 inches of blown in insulation. High efficiency furnace, hot water, gas dryer and 440 sq/ft detached garage all on NG. BBQ is NG but that doesn't take much. Just about all bulbs in the house are LED. Counter top stove is 1/2 induction 1/2 radiant although we rarely ever use the radiant side. I think the biggest saving was switching the dryer to gas, the electric bill dropped by about 30%.

I would have to say last winter being by far the coldest I can ever remember in the houe, hydro jumped to about $120 for 2 months, but the furnace was really running and I had the truck plugged in a lot.

You have basically the same set up as we have right down to the BBG on NG and my bills are very similar. My highest hydro bill is always in the summer with the central air running. Wife loves her A/C even at times when I don't think it's necessary. So with that said my highest hydro bill in the summer is around $120-$140 range, but it could be cut significantly if my wife would cooperate.

You gotta love a house that has been highly insulated and other measures taken to keep those utility bills down.......now my largest bill is the satellite bill but that's discounted as of December 13th......screw them too.....LOL