Electric Auger

Fisherman

Anyone looking for Lithium ion Augers, CTC has them on sale this week, pretty much sold out already, but they'll give you a rain check. They're $150 off.

Besides, my shoulder and back don't like the recoil starting anymore and I sold my 1992 Jiffy 30 for more than what I bought it for brand new. $181 in West Baraboo Wisconsin.

Edited by Fisherman

He stole it Cliff. ( Nice score Enrich) Im staying with my cordless as well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for now. I am waiting to see another battery one that should be in someones hands soon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I THINK. :whistling:

Edited by Brian B

$549 for the 8" one. I figure if I have to buy a big drill, the chummy to hold the drill and auger together plus the auger part, it will be about the same or more than the Lithium Ion.

the adapter for my swede bore is like 10 bux, auger was $30 already had the dewalt but to not to bad 2 baterys would get me 40 holes with 8-10 inches of ice with 24 -30 was like 7 holes a battery.

those ions look nice though and can do 1000 inches of ice on a charge more than enough

Enrich I hear ya on the price thing. Finbor 3 ,s are 60-100 bux. My drill package was 385. ( milwackie with 2x 4hr batteries and charger) I am now going to be buying the new clam adaptor. Thats another 100 bux. I,ll bet though, I,ll get just as many hole as the ION. :dunno:

Thats $585.

My question though, how you going to use that thing in the summer? :tease:

the adapter for my swede bore is like 10 bux, auger was $30 already had the dewalt but to not to bad 2 baterys would get me 40 holes with 8-10 inches of ice with 24 -30 was like 7 holes a battery.

those ions look nice though and can do 1000 inches of ice on a charge more than enough

I think my fear is that my left shoulder is not going to take any more recoil starting, that's why I went this route. Other than that, the weight factor it's a bunch lighter.

I think my fear is that my left shoulder is not going to take any more recoil starting, that's why I went this route. Other than that, the weight factor it's a bunch lighter.

Change, to your right shoulder, changing always helps, poor guy in Wisconsin with a bad shoulder!

B, you stir your drinks with a drill? i have lots of very, very clean 25 L pails to give away!

Fisherman,,, a guy we saw a couple of times last year ice fishing has one and loves it I was totally surprised at its capability

Yes Rick I am with you the auger seems to draw them in :clapping:

Not just draw them in, it seems to help them bite.

When it slows down drill 2 or 3 more holes and the bite turns back on!

Magic! Lol

No gas/oil mix to worry about. No burning your suit on the muffler. More then half the weight of a gas jobber.

Heres the kicker doing it my way. The drill dies,I have the handle handy to keep fishing. Try that with the gaser.

I have a Nils Master auger with the Tanaka engine. It is VERY light (especailly compared to my old Jiffy!) and each drill blade comes with a handle so it can be used manually. It cuts VERY fast and doesn't wreck my back.

BUT!!! It still uses mixed fuel, it still makes noise, and you still have to pull the cord to start it. I understand the attraction of the electric ones, and indeed I have a buddy in Manitoba who uses one to cut through very thick ice. But so far I am still in love with my Nils Master. :wub:

Doug

I have a Nils Master auger with the Tanaka engine. It is VERY light (especailly compared to my old Jiffy!) and each drill blade comes with a handle so it can be used manually. It cuts VERY fast and doesn't wreck my back.

BUT!!! It still uses mixed fuel, it still makes noise, and you still have to pull the cord to start it. I understand the attraction of the electric ones, and indeed I have a buddy in Manitoba who uses one to cut through very thick ice. But so far I am still in love with my Nils Master. :wub:

Doug

I have a bud that has the same unit Doug. I never did try the nils myself,but always heard great things about them. Im a finbor 3 guy. Cuts real nice. No pressure on the blades at all to cut a hole. Just spin the blades.

Yes Doug That Nils auger with the Tanaka power head is the best of the best but it does come with a big pri$$$$$e tag

This is correct, it wasn't cheap and I had to order it from the US. But I am an older guy with a cranky back and needed something lightweight that can still cut ice well. This one is really the best power auger I ever saw. And when it is ready to go to a new home, then maybe I will get me one of them LECTRIC augers!

Doug

Worry about mixed gas? Mix a 5 gallon jerry can once or twice and you're good for the year. I'm not gonna rely on a cordless battery when I'm drilling thru 25-30" of ice in -30.

As for the electrics...they seem to be getting rave reviews from lots of people that live in areas with many months of 2-4' of ice, but they're no cheaper and not much lighter than a 2stroker gas auger. I'd feel better about troubleshooting a small 2stroker than a battery powered engine on the ice.

Worry about mixed gas? Mix a 5 gallon jerry can once or twice and you're good for the year. I'm not gonna rely on a cordless battery when I'm drilling thru 25-30" of ice in -30.

As for the electrics...they seem to be getting rave reviews from lots of people that live in areas with many months of 2-4' of ice, but they're no cheaper and not much lighter than a 2stroker gas auger. I'd feel better about troubleshooting a small 2stroker than a battery powered engine on the ice.

Ditto. Give me a 2 stroke gas engine any day.

I get a real laugh out of guys who complain about mixing gas. Like seriously, is it that hard to put 20ml of oil in each litre of gas?? Pretty simple math.

S.