A walk along the creek...really cool sighting!

ccmtcanada

I was walking along my local creek looking for steelhead this morning. Was approaching one of my spots and I see movement. I thought someone was already fishing there so I decided to take a look and see if they were catching anything. I turn the corner and out walks this from the brush!! Scared the crap out of me, but he just stood there and looked at me. He stood still for so long I had time to get my camera out and take his picture. Then he slowly sauntered back into the brush. Was pretty cool!!

BBA9E321-1BDC-4708-B678-3102B5D19E8C_zps

Edited by ccmt

Cliff, I,ll bet that made your morning. I am always watching for them and have seen several when walking to my spots. Sometimes they will just stand there and see whats making the noise coming towards them. Walk slow and you will see more.

Last year I had one standing 20 yards from me while I was drifting. I dont know how long he was standing there,as when I turned and noticed him, he was taking a sip from the river. We both never moved for about 30 seconds. Then he just turned and walked away.

cool shot. I was driving to work yesterday and saw one walking across the green on the golf course that is next to the Grand at the 401 Bridge. Casual as could be, sniffing the rough cut and taking a taste. Looked to be a 8 or 10 pointer. I don't remember seeing so many really big bucks out in the open as I have this year.

Great Picture Cliff. I've been seeing more and more of them around along the rivers this year. Saw 2 big bucks in the middle of the road last weekend on my trip up to G-Bay - I thought they were going to fight right there till I honked at them.LOL

Great Picture Cliff. I've been seeing more and more of them around along the rivers this year. Saw 2 big bucks in the middle of the road last weekend on my trip up to G-Bay - I thought they were going to fight right there till I honked at them.LOL

Mike ,you know that private spot at the bend, I seen a few large yotes going at it. It was to the finish,so I thought. You might want to rethink fishing that area. :whistling:

Mike ,you know that private spot at the bend, I seen a few large yotes going at it. It was to the finish,so I thought. You might want to rethink fishing that area. :whistling:

Coyotes don't scare me. Only crazy ladies with shot guns scare me.LOL

That's nice Cliff

I've come across quite a few of them over the years in my home river. Beatiful animals. One memorable on was when on my way back to the car while in the bush I came across a deer, it onlyhad one antler and quite small at that. We.kinda stared at each other and after a while I turned around to continue onmy way but not 20' in front of my was a huge buck, ut starred at me And started stomping his front hooves, scared the crap out of me, needless to say I was running the other way in no time flat, me and the other deer were running like crazy ☺

I was walking along my local creek looking for steelhead this morning. Was approaching one of my spots and I see movement. I thought someone was already fishing there so I decided to take a look and see if they were catching anything. I turn the corner and out walks this from the brush!! Scared the crap out of me, but he just stood there and looked at me. He stood still for so long I had time to get my camera out and take his picture. Then he slowly sauntered back into the brush. Was pretty cool!!

BBA9E321-1BDC-4708-B678-3102B5D19E8C_zps

That is cool!

Grew up around Thomas St. in the 'Shwa, never would've dreamed to see a young buck like that there ever 20 to 40 yrs. ago.

Not sure people know the extent of GTA urbanization there.

Maybe 50 to 200 meters wide of greenery from Lake O. for about 20K. up to Taunton Rd.

Great to see nature coming back.

Spent a week in the bush 2.5 hours from home hunting them only to see two wolves, a fox and a marten -all close. Took the dog for a walk 10 minutes from home last week and saw a similar buck, good sized body & smallish rack, who only ran away 50-60 yards, turned around & watched us. Eventually he got up on the top of a ridge and looked down on us.