Proof is on the dash board NF

misfish

I keep boasting about the great fuel consumption Im getting,and today I decided to show instead of just talk.

Im not a heavy foot guy. I will put it just above the limit and keep it there. I see no need to be speeding everywhere. I get up early enough to get to where Im going and arrive in time anyways. If I need to get up and go, the 3.6 gets going .

RPM,s are so low with the 8 speed tranny. 1200/1250 rpm at 83kph.

002z.jpg

z.jpg

Sure beats the crap out of the F150 I had.

[quote name="Brian B" post="944864" timestamp="

Im not a heavy foot guy. I will put it just above the limit and keep it there. I see no need to be speeding everywhere. I get up early enough to get to where Im going and arrive in time anyways.

There is two of us? I've never been late for work in 40+years.

Couple of weeks ago I was pulled over on the 401 by OPP. He said a trucker had wanted him to see if I was okay to drive. Reason? I was the only one doing dead on 100km/h. I was well east of Toronto, traffic was light, and I stayed in the right-hand lane. No problem going around me if anyone wanted to. I told him I was on my way to Cornwall, and doing the same 120km/h as everyone else would suck a lot of gas. He agreed, and said have a nice day.

Couple of weeks ago I was pulled over on the 401 by OPP. He said a trucker had wanted him to see if I was okay to drive. Reason? I was the only one doing dead on 100km/h. I was well east of Toronto, traffic was light, and I stayed in the right-hand lane. No problem going around me if anyone wanted to. I told him I was on my way to Cornwall, and doing the same 120km/h as everyone else would suck a lot of gas. He agreed, and said have a nice day.

Lo that's a new one.... Couple weeks ago I was driving to Ohio for a concert, in some pretty heavy rain around 9am we were coming through Pennsylvania somewhere on the way to some shopping place and some guy in a 04 camaro came ripping past us probably doing 130+ and then proceeded to veer in and out of the lanes and almost off the road entirely multiple times, he pulled over, stopped to pee and we passed him, then not 5 minutes later he's flying by us all around the road still and at this point we had called the cops and it seemed like we were bothering them with the call "could he be tired?" They asked even LOL

I think what the masses are saying Brian, fill the truck... go drive 100 or 200 km and see how many litres you can put into the tank again after the drive and do the math to see what the litres / 100 km says. While I'd love to believe that mileage I, as do others, suspect your flow meter is baffed and if so would get it fixed while under warrantee. :ninja:

I think what the masses are saying Brian, fill the truck... go drive 100 or 200 km and see how many litres you can put into the tank again after the drive and do the math to see what the litres / 100 km says. While I'd love to believe that mileage I, as do others, suspect your flow meter is baffed and if so would get it fixed while under warrantee. :ninja:

Pretty sure the flow meters are made by VW!!!! :whistling:

Funny what not pulling a boat will do for mileage :)

You're telling me. This weekend I towed the boat (empty - no seats, gear, trolling motor batteries or gas - it was just the hull, main motor and starting battery) 200k and it was 39L of fuel to fill it back up. (truck was empty as well) The same 200k not towing coming back was only 22L. It would be interesting to see what your hand calculated mileage is compared to the computer Brian. Hopefully it's close as those are some awesome numbers.

See, now I understand. Thanks Wayne.

I did do a trip this summer, Barrie to Gooderham and back. That time I was told by the computer, I got 7.8 /100. Terry was there as well.

I believe it is correct.

I,ll do the fill up thing and see what happens.

EDIT TO ADD

There is a economy thing I have switched on. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. At those low RPM,s I can see the great milage.

Edited by Brian B