Couple nice St. Lawrence muskies from the weekend

Fisherpete

Headed out with Mike for another round on the Larry... first spot of the day, third cast in Mike lands a solid fish casting... Due to the wind we mainly trolled for the rest of the day, and I was rewarded with this beauty, my longest so far this year. Heavy, clean fish.

Thanks again Mike - can't wait until the next episode!

Pete

mike%20crop_zpsnw4iqmha.jpg

cropped_zpsfcpj8r0o.jpg

Rick - my trip odometer at the end of the day read 819 km... so yeah it's a bit of a trek lol... but well worth it. Chance at a true giant every time out, and Mike's a blast to fish with! He even knows where you can stop for world's best lasagna right on the water! Dave, Pierre, Wayne, Chris - thanks. And Chris - usually when you get bit that fast I find it to be a bad omen - it's happened tons of times to me that you catch one in the first spot of the day and then nada. Sometimes that sunrise bite is your best chance!

Nicely done. I agree about the early success being killer on the rest of your day. Went to St. clair a few weeks ago, raised a fish maybe 3rd cast...didn't have a sniff the rest of the day. Worst part...as soon as I mentioned this to my buddy (how this often happens) it was on our mind the rest of the day...and it came true. Your 819 km is easier to take when some nice fish were boated

Edited by Rizzo

s - usually when you get bit that fast I find it to be a bad omen - it's happened tons of times to me that you catch one in the first spot of the day and then nada. Sometimes that sunrise bite is your best chance!

Pete, im going to have to agree with your statement...as painful as it is, the scenario we ran together was much more enjoyable and rewarding (at least for me lol)

especially because i was 30 hours deep into the hunt by the time i got one.

It might be a bit more painful to catch one instantly and then have narry a nibble for the next 9 hours.

Edited by AKRISONER

Lew last summer when I was down there I knocked down the philly cheese log AND a big order of poutine with it... It hurt so good... A year plus later my ribcage has almost returned to it's original shape. Love being able to stop right on the water and grab a meal.

Pete