Almost 60 hours in the past 3 weeks, but we finally took the stink

irishfield

Thanks Kevin, we're hanging in there and just keeping busy fishing, firewood and tinkering on the old cars instead of airplanes. Gives my mind a new path to follow.

Yesterday, exact same time (3:50), during the Major, and my Plow disappeared with a snap in open water. Always check for frays... we'll never know how big it was, but it's wearing expensive jewelry unfortunately.

eeesh. Tough one. She'll be back...and keep you coming too. It's kiddo hockey time here...boat goes into hibernation this weekend...unfortunately she's been sunbathing in the driveway for weeks...I'm sure you have a few more hours out there yet though! Good luck and all the best...glad to here you are coping well and hanging in! Cheers!

That's probably why you can't relate.

I could do 150 hours and be on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Naa,as good or better within 30 mins of where Mike and I are. No 150 hrs per fish here or the biggies wouldnt have people to chase them. Everyone gets lucky tho' no matter where you are. Right pass with a bait being presented properly just puts the odds in your favour a little bit. The rest is up to a dumb fish.

That's probably why you can't relate.

I could do 150 hours and be on the edge of my seat the whole time.

It's not that I can't relate... That's not what I'm saying at all...

I'm saying if I went that long on a water body without a fish I woulda quit and spent my time elsewhere... Irish is just way more patient then me...

Example... The Ottawa river... Can't catch a fish there... Been up there 3 times for around 30-36 hours total.... No fish boated... I've had follows... I've had hits... I'm fishing the same structure as everyone else... Just can't seal the deal... The only reason I go is because it's a shollow water fishery with great casting opportunities... Now that I've done better casting on the st lawrence this year I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to the Ottawa...

Naa,as good or better within 30 mins of where Mike and I are. No 150 hrs per fish here or the biggies wouldnt have people to chase them. Everyone gets lucky tho' no matter where you are. Right pass with a bait being presented properly just puts the odds in your favour a little bit. The rest is up to a dumb fish.

I would guess it's better, I see Mike's fish pics. Not doubting that.

None of us are on the same page here. I can't speak for Wayne, but there's something special about G Bay and the French and it can cough up giants. Just the exposed Canadian shield in the background in that picture gets my heart going. This probably makes no sense to you guys.

Edited by chris.brock

I would guess it's better, I see Mike's fish pics. Not doubting that.

It depends what your after...

Not exactly a romantic scenery everywhere on the st lawrence river...

And it's a very busy waterway...

Ships going by every hour or so...

I bet g bay is a really nice getaway... And nobody can argue there are giants there...

Just the exposed Canadian shield in the background in that picture gets my heart going. This probably makes no sense to you guys.

I'm agreeing with you 110% on the scenery Chris, it makes a huge difference on a fishing trip. I spend alot of time fishing muskies on the West Arm of Nipissing and the place is gorgeous, very similar to parts of GBay & the French with the granite & pines. I've often said I could fish for a week and get skunked but still come home saying it was a fabulous trip.

Lake St. Clair puts up some huge fish but offers absolutely nothing in the way of scenery and to me that makes a huge difference in a trip.

Some nice fish but nothing to go with them.

Edited by lew

I'm agreeing with you 110% on the scenery Chris, it makes a huge difference on a fishing trip. I spend alot of time fishing muskies on the West Arm of Nipissing and the place is gorgeous, very similar to parts of GBay & the French with the granite & pines. I've often said I could fish for a week and get skunked but still come home saying it was a fabulous trip.

Lake St. Clair puts up some huge fish but offers absolutely nothing in the way of scenery and to me that makes a huge difference in a trip.

Some nice fish but nothing to go with them.

Only been to GBay once and Nip about ten trips and agree with you on the scenery.

But you got to cut LSC a break, not much to look at but the fish are willing to play and the company is usually pretty good :lol:

Shooting the breeze with buddies, or just clearing the heavy fog from your heart while trolling some of the most scenic shorelines, And a decent fish to kick the stink as a bonus.

Every outing doesn't have to be a competing tournament about catching numbers or monsters.

I say, WTG ! Nice fish!

Nothing big, caught with no less than 80 feet left on our trolling path before packing things up at 4 today. Caught at 3:56

Came on Andy's line, my boat. He reeled it in, clipped the hooks etc but I get the picture, it's how we troll !! :rolleyes:

Good one Wayne! Checked the solunar tables and lunar tables that day both were in your favour. Plus great scenery, chance at massive muskie and getting to check out your neighbourhood . Nice way to spend free time!

• 2 weeks later...