A new record smallie in Michigan

OhioFisherman

ya sad it was killed. Question tho, since it was 27.5 vs the old record of 24.5 was this fish even close to it's max weight?

I thought it was reverse. Previous record was 27.5 and this one was 24.5? Means it was a fat fish.

err, you are right, i need to learn how to read gooder...point is still the same, the old record fish must not of been near max weight?

According to Kathrin Schrouder, the fisheries biologist who confirmed the record catch, Gasicel plans on having the fish mounted. Had it not been a potential state record, [Gasicel]told me the fish would have been released unharmed, says Schrouder.

In this day and age, who gets a skin mount? Just silly IMO.

According to Kathrin Schrouder, the fisheries biologist who confirmed the record catch, Gasicel plans on having the fish mounted. Had it not been a potential state record, [Gasicel]told me the fish would have been released unharmed, says Schrouder.

In this day and age, who gets a skin mount? Just silly IMO.

Im not a believer of killing fish for mounting purposes with the replicas that are available these days. But!....

if its dying anyways for verification purposes, why not get a mount? What else do you think you should do, throw it in the trash?

Edited by AKRISONER

of course you get the skin mount, lol.

if your going to keep it, which I would have as well, record or no record, skin mount it is for me.if your keeping the fish (for whatever reason), don't waste it. Mount it, pay the good price for a good skin mount, and take care of it...it'll last decades as well....

another option is to get a replica made, but using the kept fish as the mold...that way it is an exact replica of your fish.

congrats to that anger...what a fish!

Edited by Steve

• 1 month later...