OPP runs over dog on purpose NF

huddy

have u never made a mistake in your occupation,

yeah, lots.

I am always held responsible. So should everyone else be held responsible, cops, docs, teachers, politicians...

I think Bowslayer should stay in Canada, it's the people with coyote phobia that should consider moving somewhere else.

Edited by chris.brock

I'm not going to watch the video, but something tells me this wasn't the right way to handle this. I don't know what would be the right way, but running it over and then backing up and then shooting it seems... inhumane.

Another point though, it was storming outside hard enough to blow over a fence. In a suburban neighbourhood like this why did this woman leave her 21-year-old deaf dog outside in the first place?

Anyway, here's a news article about it:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5970899-owner-feels-sick-after-opp-admit-killing-dog-they-thought-was-a-coyote/

if u don't like supporting our police go and live in another corrupt country and see what happens u will wish u lived in Canada, u don't know your freedoms till u lose them

Tell that to ww1 and ww2 vets and the military officer who lost his life in Quebec and the other officer who died in Ottawa, I believe his memorial is tomorrow Bowslayer if u don't like living in Canada leave, and Wayne I am surprized

Its not that I don't like Canada, I do, I love Canada, I do not support Canadian police and I don't hide it, there are many reasons, main one being that they don't receive the nessecarry training. I've seen numerous times cops driving through a red light with signals and turning them off later to drive into a parking lot and chat with a buddy. Stopping in the left lane of a major highway with an open door, measuring speed, forcing people into a situation to break the speed limit, to get out of that lane, to avoid crashing into the cop car. They patrol so nobody breaks the laws but break them themselves on a daily basis? Pretty weird if you ask me, until something changes in the training my opinion will stay the same, say what you want but there are facts that you can't ignore. I've seen cops doing shady things one too many times. They think just because they are cops that work for the government, they can do anything, shouldn't be this way if you ask me, laws are laws and cops should only break them under certain circumstances. Edited by BowSlayer101

There are too many unanswered questions here to pass judgement on anyone. I will say this; if I had a 21 year old blind, deaf dog with dementia we would have made a one way trip to the vets before this could have ever happened. Non the less it sure is a heart breaker.

This was too hard to watch, i dont see a good enough reason for this to have happened how it did.

The only thing i can think is that he was scared and if thats the case he could have called for assistance to put the animal down.

Doesnt matter how old the dog is or what ailments it may face, if you cant properly identify the animal what business do you have killing it?

if that was a hunter who thought he was shooting a coyote and it was a dog he would be grilled to the max and likely be charged.

95% of cops are great but these days with social media and cameras the bad ones are exposed pretty quickly. The cop had no reason to kill it the way he did. I had an old dog that would sometimes wander if I accidentally left my gate open... I would be devastated if she died that way..

If he thought it was rabid and did not want it attacking him. Running it down would seem ok to me.

Had it been rabid and locals were afraid. They may have called him a hero

If someone told me there was a rabid coyote in my driveway. I wouldn't think twice. It would be ran down. People come first with me period.

according to the report, a fence blew down and allowed the dog out unto the street. It didn't sound like it was on the loose often

Of course we don't really know the facts-----just what was in the media reports. The relationship between those 2 things can be quite tenuous!!!

Edited by SirCranksaLot