An open letter to Justin

Big Cliff

I would have preferred someone else but give the guy a chance. He seems to have good intentions, and I'm not sure it's fair to judge him based on the Ontario Libs or the stuff that happened when his father was in the role. He's clearly a different guy from his father.

I don't like the tax stuff, but will be nice to see the veterans stuff cleaned up. That was just evil. Native stuff as well.

the TFSA primarily benefited those who could afford it (how many can find an extra $5k to put away) and the splitting also benefited those with high incomes. if people make say $120k, then that shld be what their tax should be based on. they shldn't, imo, be able to hive off some of it to their spouse to drop their bracket. I'm all for paying my share as it goes towards things I use (healthcare etc) and would do likewise if I was making big bucks. but that's me ;)

I don't like the tax stuff, but will be nice to see the veterans stuff cleaned up. That was just evil. Native stuff as well.

exactly and I hope the vets benefits are kept up to date. it was absolutely disgusting what happened to their benefits (and why the government had an extra billion or so in their coffers)

but enough with the politics. can the Jays recover from tonight's shellacking ?

Edited by woodenboater

The funny thing that Liberals never say about the G20

The Federal Government wanted to have the entire thing in Huntsville as security would have been easier and much cheaper but it was the McGuinty’s Liberals along with Mayor Miller which fought to bring it to Toronto

It was also McGuinty’s Liberals that enacted the Public Works Protection Act which allowed the police to detain the people.

Was it not also Bill Bliar the newly elected Liberal MP the Police chief that asked McGuinty to enact the Public Works Protection Act so he could detain the people

really ? I thought Miller was absolutely against having it in Toronto ? where is he now lol ?

from what I understand, and I may be wrong, is that ALL policing was controlled out of hq set up on Mapleview Dr. in Barrie, during the G20. I didn't think TPS had much say

Edited by woodenboater

the TFSA primarily benefited those who could afford it (how many can find an extra $5k to put away) and the splitting also benefited those with high incomes. if people make say $120k, then that shld be what their tax should be based on. they shldn't, imo, be able to hive off some of it to their spouse to drop their bracket. I'm all for paying my share as it goes towards things I use (healthcare etc) and would do likewise if I was making big bucks. but that's me ;)

What if I told you that income splitting went to 50% of families with 2 parents (and kids). Not 15%. And that > two thirds of that money went to houses making less than the average income for families with 2 parents......would that feel better?

That whole 15% richest Canadians thing was a lie.

Income splitting benefited me, and I was not in a high income tax bracket last year.

How do I win when my kids live with my ex and I pay her support and no make no where near what I made in the past? I just don't.... No matter if it's JT or others. A parent (on the short end of the stick of divorce) get's shafted by more than the ex alone... Thank GOD for Mr Noodle or I'd have no food other than caught fish...

Edited by GBW

Well I have to be honest, I didn't vote for you, I didn't think you have the skills necessary to run this country. Apparently a lot of other people don't agree with me but that isn't uncommon.

So now I sit here wondering what is going to become of me and my family? You often said you were going to take from the rich and give to the people that needed it (are you Robinhood?) Who are the rich and who are the poor?

I have worked hard my whole life, paid my taxes and never asked much in return. I am now in what are supposed to be my "golden years" . They don't seem all that golden right now, at 70, I struggle to keep my family from going into debt just to survive.

At 43, you have your whole life ahead of you and I'll bet that with your family money and your pay and pensions you will never have to even think about having to pay for food or heat (for many that is all they can think about every day). The people that fought and died for this country, the people that have worked their whole lives for this country are looking to you for leadership, will you let us down?

I hope not Justin, I really hope that you will focus on Canada and taking care of Canadians and I really hope that four years from now I will be proud to vote for Justin Tradeau, the young man that saved Canada. It's all up to you!

Sincerly

Cliff Bignell

You know better than to believe what you read in the papers Cliff!

Give the person a chance!

:)

I would have gained from income splitting but I voted against Harper. It's the least I can do for my country to get that mean-spirited autocratic man from instilling fear and further dividing Canadians amoungst themselves. It's a very small sacrifice compared to what others have made.

Exact same deal here.

I too benefit from income splitting, but my personal needs did not cloud my judgement for whom I felt was best for our country.

Exact same deal here.

I too benefit from income splitting, but my personal needs did not cloud my judgement for whom I felt was best for our country.

Didn't cloud my judgement either it was just another side benefit. You just elected Ross rebagliati for PM. Congrats, you got what you wanted. I believe a conservative government is what is best for this country. That's not based on fear, it's not based on greed, it's based on fundamental differences in values and beliefs between certain types of people. Good luck with your prime minister.

the splitting also benefited those with high incomes. if people make say $120k, then that shld be what their tax should be based on. they shldn't, imo, be able to hive off some of it to their spouse to drop their bracket.

income splitting looks(ed) at household income just like any benefit (baby bonus) you may receive does.

the idea behind splitting is that a household income of 100K should have the same tax bill whether one person makes then 100K and the other makes 0 or each make 50K. without splitting, the household where all the income comes from one earner ends up paying more taxes than the household where both people work and make 50K each.

what is so unfair about income splitting? a household making 100k should pay the same amount of taxes whether the split is 80/20 or 50/50.

Edited by Raf