An open letter to Justin

Big Cliff

Well I have to be honest, I didn't vote for you, I didn't think you have the skills necessary to run this country. Apparently a lot of other people don't agree with me but that isn't uncommon.

So now I sit here wondering what is going to become of me and my family? You often said you were going to take from the rich and give to the people that needed it (are you Robinhood?) Who are the rich and who are the poor?

I have worked hard my whole life, paid my taxes and never asked much in return. I am now in what are supposed to be my "golden years" . They don't seem all that golden right now, at 70, I struggle to keep my family from going into debt just to survive.

At 43, you have your whole life ahead of you and I'll bet that with your family money and your pay and pensions you will never have to even think about having to pay for food or heat (for many that is all they can think about every day). The people that fought and died for this country, the people that have worked their whole lives for this country are looking to you for leadership, will you let us down?

I hope not Justin, I really hope that you will focus on Canada and taking care of Canadians and I really hope that four years from now I will be proud to vote for Justin Tradeau, the young man that saved Canada. It's all up to you!

Sincerly

Cliff Bignell

Edited by Big Cliff

So now I sit here wondering what is going to become of me and my family? You often said you were going to take from the rich and give to the people that needed it (are you Robinhood?) Who are the rich and who are the poor?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/personal-finance/household-finances/nine-ways-your-family-finances-will-change-under-a-liberal-government/article26886456/

I don't believe that it will get better for the average Joe no matter who's in charge. The global economy is bad for us Canadians . With housing prices as high as they are, incomes need to be high as well. They have been going down relative to our costs but we have to be " competitive " don't we? More free trade seems to mean lower wages for all but a few lucky ones. No party has the answer to this problem do they?? We used to turn raw materials into value added products to export in the past but all too often today we just ship the raw materials to third world countries that in turn sell us products we should make for ourselves... Good luck Justin..

The Prime Minister greatly values the thoughts and suggestions of Canadians. You may write or fax his office at:

Office of the Prime Minister

80 Wellington Street

Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2

Fax: 613-941-6900

You may also use the form below to share your ideas and feedback. Please understand that, due to the volume received an e-mail response cannot be guaranteed.

http://pm.gc.ca/contactpm

I don't believe that it will get better for the average Joe no matter who's in charge. The global economy is bad for us Canadians . With housing prices as high as they are, incomes need to be high as well. They have been going down relative to our costs but we have to be " competitive " don't we? More free trade seems to mean lower wages for all but a few lucky ones. No party has the answer to this problem do they?? We used to turn raw materials into value added products to export in the past but all too often today we just ship the raw materials to third world countries that in turn sell us products we should make for ourselves... Good luck Justin..

Everything you say is true.... Think about how much more productive any worker here whether white collar or blue collar has to be, to offset a MONTHLY price increase in the cost of single family dwelling of 8600.00. That is how much those types of homes went up by averaged over a year in Toronto. I don't care how hard anyone works it isn't sustainable in any field to out compete the rest of the world with those types of cost increases for accommodation. (I realize that Toronto is a high extreme but the trend is the same pretty much the same a slightly slower pace anywhere there are good employment opportunities.)

A lot people will say, yeah but my house has appreciated so much I am getting rich. Which is only true if you can sell it for more so you can then live somewhere for less. Otherwise you are just on a treadmill, that a price crash or interest rate increase can bring to a screeching halt.

Edited by Canuck2fan

The Prime Minister greatly values the thoughts and suggestions of Canadians. You may write or fax his office at:

Office of the Prime Minister

80 Wellington Street

Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2

Fax: 613-941-6900

You may also use the form below to share your ideas and feedback. Please understand that, due to the volume received an e-mail response cannot be guaranteed.

http://pm.gc.ca/contactpm

Good, but it goes to Steven Harper LOL.

It took Mulroney to clean up the mess from the first Trudeau, then Harper to clean up after Chretien

The big question is who will clean this Trudeau who is our least qualified PM of all time.

I really hope everyone else was smarter than me on this one as I really do not get it

perhaps we should give JT the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how things actually shake out. I'm willing to see if he can make good on some of his promises and I agree with some of those financial changes (split income, TFSA etc...) I personally don't think it will be that bad.

Trudeau supporters always go on about how Harper divided the country, in the ten years he was in power the Quebec separation issue never came up.

Here are a few things Trudeau lead Liberals did to promote Canadian unity

FLQ crisis who was is power the Liberals with Trudeau as PM

1980 Quebec referendum during a Trudeau lead government

1995 Quebec referendum was 1 year after 5 years of Liberal lead Trudeau government

And then who can forget his most loving thing he did in 1982 by giving the finger to protesters in Western Canada

I really hope Junior keeps us together as well as his Dad did

FLQ crisis who was is power the Liberals with Trudeau as PM

Pearson was the PM for most of the October Crisis, not Trudeau. Kidnappings and the murder of a provincial minister, I think the War Measures Act seemed an appropriate response considering what preceded it. Harper had police detain hundreds for no reason during the G20. That was a disaster from the get go.