Sunday gun hunting in Tiny township

kickingfrog

Received this email from OFAH today and figured I'd pass it along here:

Please be advised that on Monday October 26, 2015, the Township of Tiny will be holding a council meeting to discuss the potential adoption of Sunday gun hunting. The meeting will take place in Council Chambers located at 130 Balm Beach Road West, Tiny, Ontario. The meeting will start at 9:00am.

A representative from the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) will be attending this council meeting. We would appreciate, and welcome any OFAH member or fellow hunters who would be able to attend this meeting in support of Sunday gun hunting within the Township of Tiny.

If you are unable to attend this meeting, but would still like to show your support and have your voice heard, please send an email to [email protected] (Laura Russell, Senior Administrative Coordinator).

We would also respectfully ask that you copy OFAH head office on your email at [email protected] (Brian McRae, OFAH Zone/Member and Club Services Liaison).

It is extremely important for all hunters to attend this meeting to show their support for the additional hunting opportunities that Sunday gun hunting within the Township of Tiny would provide.

We appreciate your support and assistance on this matter.

Im not saying Im against it.

Another question I have is when they say OFAH members and other hunters. From what I understand, you need to be a member of OFAH to hunt Simcoe forests these days. Then why would a non member be willing to say yes or no? What makes a OFAH member above another hunter?

How did OUR forest, become a members only forest?

Im just gesting here.

Imagine not being able to hunt your own property because it's Sunday? The OFAH member hunting county forests is another issue.

Only if you can hunt your own property. LOL J/K You know me better then that.

Aside from the OFAH thing, Im all for it Rob.

They did away with stores closed on Sundays, so why not hunt on Sundays. :clapping:

It depends on how many. There,s many that think the same. Wonder how many out weigh that many ?

A day for the critters to rest and a day off for family time. I am neither a bible thumper or divisive having spent many dollars to support parties and organizations that protect firearms owners rights, but I'm not a big Sunday hunt guy. To each their own.

Edited by porkpie

A day for the critters to rest and a day off for family time. I am neither a bible thumper or divisive having spent many dollars to support parties and organizations that protect firearms owners rights, but I'm not a big Sunday hunt guy. To each their own.

But you have to realize that my guys work 6 days a week and Sunday is their only day to chase critters.....

I haven't worked Monday to Friday at any time in my career. Like I said, to each their own, but like political parties, we aren't all going to agree on the same things. There are times on a Sunday where it would've been quite convenient for me to go hunting but at our house, when I'm off it's a family day. At this point, with 3 kids and multiple hockey games and practices to attend it seems it's never a convenient time to go hunting. Instead of Sunday hunting, I'd like to add an 8th day to the week!

My kids are grown and moved away. My wife and I work all week, Saturday is a day to get chores done, grass cutting, shopping, raking leaves.

Sunday in the fall we get together and take a walk in the woods and I bring a 410 along for any birds that we happen to see.

When the kids were home, we would take them along.

My daughter was 2 months old for her first hunting trip and it was likely on a Sunday

• 1 month later...