Female Angler Lands Monster 55" Lake St. Clair Muskie

JustinHoffman

Hello All,

Some may have heard, but my good friend Christine Cope landed a monster 55" muskie this past Saturday while fishing Lake St. Clair. Not only is this fish long, but it is fat and such a clean-looking specimen.

I put together a short write-up detailing the catch after talking with Christine yesterday. You can find it here:

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/female-angler-lands-monster-55-inch-lake-st-clair-muskie-pics/

CopeMuskieEdit1_zpsyrg22d3p.jpg

Good Fishing,

Justin

I'm impressed with the hold she's doing!!!

Most men in my boat can't hold a fish that well for a picture...

And if you haven't been lucky enough to hold a fish like this go fill a 5 gallon pail with water then hold it away from you body... For 20-30 seconds... With a smile on your face!!! unless your Lew... Then think to yourself... "Her fish was heavier"...

I'm impressed with the hold she's doing!!!

Most men in my boat can't hold a fish that well for a picture...

Christine is and has been tougher than most men, all her life. She's straining to hold this fish and crack that smile though, I can tell.

This might possibly be the best St. Clair fish I've laid eyes on and Justin's right to get excited for her. She's just an awesome angler and person all around.

Congrats again Chris.

Hello All,

Just wanted to say that I passed along this thread to Christine and she was very appreciative of all the kind comments and well wishes.

As for your comment, 'outlaw' - I will leave you with this. After doing a bit of research, a 56" fish (girth of 26") caught in 2009 was deemed the largest muskie ever taken from the lake according to records kept by the Michigan-Ontario muskie club.

If a bigger fish has come from those waters since then, it is unknown. If not, Christine's fish would be the second largest ever caught from St. Clair.

Would I deem that a monster? A trophy? A giant? I'd say yes to all three.

But that's just me.

Good fishing to all...

Justin

Hello All,

Just wanted to say that I passed along this thread to Christine and she was very appreciative of all the kind comments and well wishes.

As for your comment, 'outlaw' - I will leave you with this. After doing a bit of research, a 56" fish (girth of 26") caught in 2009 was deemed the largest muskie ever taken from the lake according to records kept by the Michigan-Ontario muskie club.

If a bigger fish has come from those waters since then, it is unknown. If not, Christine's fish would be the second largest ever caught from St. Clair.

Would I deem that a monster? A trophy? A giant? I'd say yes to all three.

But that's just me.

Good fishing to all...

Justin

Plenty of big fish are never heard about

I know a bunch of guys that have broken the Ontario carp record... Lol

And this is a great fish but I'm sure there has been bigger or at least longer caught this year... Actually I'm sure I saw a pic of a 56.5" just the other day...