I just don't know what to do!

Big Cliff

"What to do".. go fishing !! That's never made anyone an idiot. A liar maybe, but not an idiot.

Like the single hockey and baseball threads, maybe time for one political thread only around here.... considering none were ever allowed before.

or we could just create a hockey, politics subforum. :D

"What to do".. go fishing !! That's never made anyone an idiot. A liar maybe, but not an idiot.

Like the single hockey and baseball threads, maybe time for one political thread only around here.... considering none were ever allowed before.

One of the things I am hoping to do is continue to be able to fish LOL.

As for this political thread, these politics affect each and every one of us! There have been many really good posts, some very opininionated some quite informative, all civil.

I started this thread thinking for the first time ever I wasn't going to bother even going to vote, why bother! Because of the replies I can assure you that both Sue and I will be casting our ballots so some good has come of it.

Since the owners will get yelled at for locking a thread to soon or letting it go on to long we are damned if we do and damned if we dont. I do not moderate for content but whether or not the rules are broken. If everyone keeps a civil tongue and respects others opinions with out cussing these threads could go on as long as the hockey threads. My ability honestly to comment in a political thread about Canadian politics dealing with the Canadian people or facts is severely limited because I dont have a dog in the fight. What I have learned from these threads over the years is the players are different but the general discord is the same both here in the USA and Canada. The best way to get change is one vote at a time.Many great people fought for everyone to have the right to vote please don't throw that away.

Art

please everyone, make sure you go out and vote...the only bigger idiot than any of these politicians, is the person who doesn't go out and vote.

If you cant bring yourself to vote for anyone, then go in and write that on your ballet. Just make sure you utilize your one real rite, because the rest can be taken away from you by those that we vote in.

I'm 65, my elders way back used to have a theory that you voted opposite federally versus provincially, opposing forces would kinda cancel each other out. But then again, that was when you could predict Party Policy, not this outflanking each other on the left free for all.

I read this whole thread and I'm not any clearer on who to vote for either. I have never had a problem putting and X beside one of the names, but like Cliff said, this one seems different. Knowing some of the people running locally doesn't help either.

I do know I can't afford to have a Liberal government come in, they are good at finding ways to raise taxes, licenses, fees (tried to tax docks on the Trent the last time they were in), etc. I believe most people that vote this way have a very good income that can handle the increases; I can't.

Harper is Harper and I never really looked at him as a strong enough personality to be a leader. It's amazing how many people I speak to who support his views. I can't ever remember voting conservative.

Mulcair ??? don't know what to think.

I'm not sure if people get into politics for the right reason anymore.

Just my views, right or wrong.

It just goes to show you how diverse our Country is after reading this thread!

Good luck with you voting, I might have to go with one of the fringe parties.

Edited by jimmer

She used to run the Hazel 5k in the Mississauga marathon. She still cheers everyone on at the starting line. All 10-15 000 of us. When I turned 19 buddies of mine and I would go to the Sundown in Streetsville. She's always share a pint and a word for anyone who wanted and would put most of the guys in the bar to shame.

There will never be another.

You need to read up on how minority govt's work and how they can be replaced.

You need to read up on how minority govt's work and how they can be replaced.

Well I certainly don`t need you to tell me how the political system in this country works we should be clear on that!

Equally I would never support a NDP or Liberal party that was willing to crawl into bed with a traitor...duceppe.jpg

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Old man and ccmt both bring up points that help my decision, who will piss away less of my money and who is my local candidate of choice.

You couldnt pay me enough to vote liberal...ever

....but remember...if you vote in lame duck back bench reps....like we do in the north....is your vote/voice actually heard with your single digit seats??? I don't think it is that simple.