secure your loads boys...NF...

Always a hazard when something is on the roadway, especially at night. I always use ratchet straps when towing trailers with cargo. Never had anything fall or fly out of a trailer over the last 30+ years of driving.

Glad you're ok lookingforwalleye.

My friend, best guy ever but a wee bit confused at times, once lost a $1000 mattress in highway. Got off at next ramp, went through Tim H drivethru???, and THEN circled back to get mattress. It was gone. Lol. Lucky nobody was hurt. I asked him if he strapped it down. He said "duh!!??" So I guess that was a no.

Not really related but sort of.

A good buddy and co-worker of mine was driving home with his brand new VW Golf from the dealership, and some log fell of a trailer ahead of him.

He managed to avoid smashing his brand new car, but he did blow a tire....

An unrestrained piano will magically jump out of the back of a truck on the first corner and is a lot lighter in a million pieces.

I had an eaves trough machine on an open trailer when a coil unwound, several hundred feet of aluminum whipping along behind us. The guy behind me said it was amazing.

Had a tire come at me from the opposite direction. I had no idea what to do because this thing was bouncing turning left and right at about 30 mph.......got lucky and it missed us.

Now I had a 3x4' metal sign blow off a gas station and attack me like a fressbie hitting the front fender and cracking the front windshield. That was a bit scary. Took almost 6 months for the gas station to pay the damages.

The car in front of me strattled a mattress only to have it get hung up under the car. He continued to drive until the smoke started pouring out from under the car. By the time he stopped the mattress had ignited. How do you get a burning mattress out from under your car?

Answer is - You don't! The car burned completely but everyone got out in time.