flourocarbon lines

ecmilley

whats everyone using? been using seagar for a number of years and cant say i ve been happy with it for poor knot strength and stretch.

spent the $50 bones for a spool of kensei for a flippin stick in 25lb its the worst line i ve ever seen for memory and tangles.

Is there a limp low stretch flouro out there, the vanish is ok as a leader material but never liked it as a main line.

I've been pretty happy with the seaguar yellow box. In surprised you've had issues. I use it for almost everything leader related. I've used their Abrazx branded stuff, and that's junk. If your looking for a change, I've used sunline fluoro for steelheading a fair bit, and it's pretty durable stuff. I find fluoro terrible as a mainline, and don't use it at all, just a long leader if necessary.

Edited by porkpie

I use fluoro on my crankbait/bottom bouncer baitcaster outfit and I love it. I have 12 lb trilene fluorocarbon, and its very limp and easy to manage, more so than any 12 lb mono on a baitcaster that size

the one in the gold packaging right? ive been using that one in 6lb as leader material for salmon and steel and i am very impressed with it (very good abraision resistance and knot strength). only problem is finding it in the smaller spools as the big spools dont fit in pockets very well

I would not use fluro as a main line. As a leader, definitely. I use it for pike and musky. The San Diego Jam Knot is a very very good knot to use. Not easy but good. I tried fluro main line a few years ago and absolutely hated it. Braid and mono for this kid.

For years now I've used 130 # Seaguar fluoro & crimps for my musky leaders and it's always been good. I ordered a new spool of the same stuff from JB's this past spring and although it's still 130 # Seaguar leader material it's a fair bit thinner than what I used in the past.

Nice & flexible though and seems like good stuff.

I have been using Sufix for my leader material, Attached to my braid for what ever Im fishing and also river fishing. Im not sure how a spooled reel of it would be, but I have been very happy with it as far as knot and line strength goes.

I have been using Sufix for my leader material, Attached to my braid for what ever Im fishing and also river fishing. Im not sure how a spooled reel of it would be, but I have been very happy with it as far as knot and line strength goes.

yes so just picked up a spool and tied leaders on three rods this morning, spent day dragging tubes and wacky rigging smallies and the suffix is very nice easy to work with great shock resistance, i use a blood knot to tie all my leaders very strong compact knot that i used for years tying my own fly leaders and it works great in this application as well.

was looking for a good flouro main line for two flippin sticks for those line shy days, dont like a knot when i am putting a hurtin on bass in heavy cover

I have Bass Pro 20-pound on a bait caster. It works fine.

Not a glamourous as the high-end Japanese stuff but KVD was using it for Pitching in a video, so I figured it was worth a try.

On spinning reels, I tie on Fluorocarbon leaders in the spring, but when they break, I wind up tying directly to my 10-pound braid.

That might not work for trout, but the bass don't seem to care.