Happy Birthday to Me!

FloatnFly

I am now another year older, and some would say wiser. Having to work on my actual birthday yesterday, I was up bright and early with my fly rod in hand and headed down to my local waters.

There were very few people around, which made things rather enjoyable, after a little walking, I found a nice unoccupied pool, 4th cast in and fish on!

20150927_090054_zpsgevg4a3u.jpg

Expecting a big ole boot, it was a very nice surprise to see this beauty come to shore!

20150927_084501_zps5kkvycz2.jpg

After releasing it back into the waters, I head back up to my pool, where 2 cast later I found myself in a 20 minute battle with this boot, I had an 8lb leader on, so horsing this fish in was not an option.

20150927_092426_zpsrkepms5t.jpg

About half way through the battle my reel seat loosened and the reel came off in my hands, i managed to hold onto the fly line and reattach my reel while the fish sat still in the pool, and a big thanks to the kind strangers that stopped to watch the battle and then helped me land the fish. Thanks again stranger and your brother from the north!

The release

20150927_092444_zps2qnxzvff.jpg

And finally, my fly of choice for this mornings adventure

20150927_101317_zpssc1bl0a4.jpg

Is it me or is that first one a pink? Maybe it,s just the way it,s laying there.

Not a pink. It's probably just me, but that gorgeous NRX rod laying next to that hump backed mutant doesn't seem right LOL!

All the best, looks a fun way to celebrate a birthday. :)

Edited by Mike Borger

Not a pink. It's probably just me, but that gorgeous NRX rod laying next to that hump backed mutant doesn't seem right LOL!

All the best, looks a fun way to celebrate a birthday. :)

well, it was either laying next to a shiny mutant bow, or an old dying boot.....

Well, first of all a very happy birthday! Remember, birthdays are good; the more you have, the longer you live :whistling:

Second, what a wonderful way to celibrate your special day, those fish look amazing! :worthy: Nice job!

it was a great day, when i hooked into the salmon i thought i snagged up on a rock, so i tried to unsnag it, then it started moving. my arm was a little tired by the end of it