Albion Hills

sneak_e_pete

I reccomend Heart Lake or Island Lake over Albion. The rec centre at Albion is beautiful and the trails are nice but the fishing is sub-par.

Sometimes big bass come out of Heart Lake. At Island the Bluegill and Pumpkinseed are the size of a small dinner plate. Sure to entertain.

Yup. I go to Island Lake with my wife who is definitely not an angler, but I set her up with a worm and a bobber and she can't keep the sunfish off her hook (which I inevitably had to remove unless she remembers her "fishing gloves"). Some of them are definitely dinner plate size. The perch seem undersized there (at least the ones I catch), and there are definitely a good number of smallmouth and rock bass to be caught. Just keep in mind they are into their "fall" operating schedule so the gates don't open until 8.

I reccomend Heart Lake

Sometimes big bass come out of Heart Lake.

That lake still produces fish? I remember catching rainbows there and lots of cat fish and the odd lm bass. Many summer vacation days spent there fishing as a young fella. Would ride my 10 speed up there.

That lake still produces fish? I remember catching rainbows there and lots of cat fish and the odd lm bass. Many summer vacation days spent there fishing as a young fella. Would ride my 10 speed up there.

They still stock 1000 rainbows a year. Usually when I go fishing there I'll land a largemouth or two over a pound and a half.

First time Nikki ever went fishing there she landed a 5 pound monster. It's a surprisingly good lake.