Enough is Enough

FloatnFly

This will never stop. People who have never seen fish that big before just cant resist the urge totry and catch one. Its human nature. I was down by the dam today, and the amout of people there that had no idea about the fish was mind blowing. They just dont know any better, and no enforcement doesnt help. The chances of seeing a CO down there is so slim that these guys can get away with anything.

Closing the season from sept 1st to Nov 1 st is a great solution, and makes the most sense. Like Steve says, why is it even allowed....it makes no sense.

Just imagine the carnage if the walleye season was open during the spawn!! Its rediculous to even have an open season while these fish ate trying to spawn.

And the guys who are saying there are no wild fish......right. More ignorance. The ganny is damb close to 100% wild fish. All species. When the fins were clipped, you would be hard pressed to get one out of the ganny. They are wild. Leave them alone!!

Dont get me started on atlantics. Ive caught one in ontario, and it came in like a bag of water.

S.

If you put in place a restriction on the town fishing, you might as well include the the rest of the east tribs too. People who are turned away from fishing Ganny will only pressure and leave even more garbage/rotting fish corpses in surrounding tribs.

It's really unfortunate that people don't know any better...it's common sense and common decency to not litter or poach.

The town spots on Ganny, Willy CNR, and certain spots on Bville are just bad locations for fish to hang out in.

not to derail the purpose of this thread, but using spawn/roe for spawning fish is even more asinine than simply being able to fish for spawning fish.

can you imagine dropping muskie roe on a spawning muskie....or even better, kill a muskie to steal its roe to catch another muskie.....

blows my mind that it is legal.

That's it Steve, give it to him "that Spiel guy " :w00t::rofl2:

I've said it for over 30 years, get rid of the salmon!

And bring back the Atlantic's, and stock more Drum.

Now that my buddy has put me on Mod "Q" :w00t::w00t:

I think I hear my phone :w00t:

I have a free ticket for Sat. buddy. :rolleyes: and an extra Wig. :lol:

they have to do something, and thats just one of the things being tossed around, the other include making that section a sanctuary, and posting no trespassing signs

I agree, but adding fees or giving certain people preference doesn't agree with me. I gave up on that place many years ago. Lots of good ideas on this thread that could be used to solve the problem.

However, restricting fishing to only those that live on the lake I reside on sounds good to me. Just kidding, of course.

This thread bothers me for numerous reasons

Haha!!

Southern issues eh!!. :w00t:

However, it's still totally disgusting "angler" (should I say, people) behavior. My vote, shut it down a couple years while coming up with a serious plan to police any trash littering the shores, but don't shut it down for good. There's anglers not fortunate enough to fish the lake, who still pay into fishing, who should have a share in enjoying salmon their way.

Thank you for your thoughts on the ganny. I am a long time volunteer who has done there time at the fishway in port hope and i am the one who has the ganaraska fishway facebook page . I will be copy and pasting your thoughts to give to the mayor and council they are at wits end and do not know where to go next they like the idea of people coming to port hope and breaking even or even costing a little but what has been happening the last few years is costing the town lots . ( two pick up trucks full of carcass from the FREE fish cleaning station in one day ) The enforcement that we had appeared to be a gimmick from talking to people he picked the ones he wanted to check .. he checked 2 people then walked by 4 people of certain decent then chose a white person with a pin reel with a 14 rod for his licence then walked by 7 other people of a certain decent then asked another white guy for his licence then called the town thursday morning and said he was down at the river early evening and seen no violations and every one checked had a fishing license . I know the two guys personaly that watched this and they have no reason to lie .

Sorry to hear of the disregard for the Ganny...I have said it before and I'll say it again...if the water is less than two or three feet deep....declare it a sanctuary...that will largely eliminate the rippers and I'm sure it will reduce the garbage left on the banks....heavy fines if caught ...Introducing a municipal license will do nothing but generate a few dollars for the town....it won't solve the issues at all...the chinnys are comming in to spawn and die now...when they die of natural causes after the spawn...where do you think they end up? Yep....on the banks...but they continue to serve a purpose of feeding the wildlife along the banks and fertilize the vegetation...the circle of life ....get the weekend warriors and bo Bo's under control and enjoy the Chinooks for what they are ...a put and take industry generating money for those fortunate enough to have a stream or River readily available....my 02

Edited by Twocoda

Ive just moved into the area , 10 min NE of Port Hope (Hamilton township) , for 20 plus years I was spoiled with easy and fast access to the Nottawasaga , rarely seeing anyone at the runs and pools I frequented I never realized how good I had it .

I,ll be waiting for a good day of fishing with ya bud. All safe here. And thanks again for the tours. , :good:

I dont miss the tribs of lake O.

I made a trip down to the credit last spring and realized the same. I said to myself, I dont miss this crap. :wallbash:

Edited by Brian B