2 Top Bass tourney competitors caught red-handed

big guy

I'm not part of the 'event' to say I have seen it with my own eyes but there are so many involved in this Top BASS club I respect and know that I take it as a valid situation. More so when the 2 'guys' run and turn tail not to return after being confronted. Sign of guilt maybe when you have nothing to say after being accused?

Over our chats I know your a geniune good guy, I know your not lying or making stuff up.

Something weird is going on thats for sure.

Some of it just doesnt add up to me(but im no sherlock holmes???

Edited by manitoubass2

Anyone can slag me all you want (any of you) as I'm only adding info to the proof. I'm no longer a tourney guy so this means zero to me $ wise. Just valid proof of what's asked. It's no wonder I hate to post here now. Get your sewing needles and yarn out now folks...

http://www.ibassin.com/

"IBASSIN.com has been in discussion with Top Bass and they will be releasing an official statement regarding allegations of cheating, specifically caged bass, at this weekend's Classic. One of the most important factors in this situation is the matter of proof. "

They seemed pretty careful in their wording? I am not saying it didn't happen, suspicious? for sure. I'll sit back and wait for an official decision.

Read the posts / look at the evidence / look at their record this year / look how they left immediately and did not stand up for their innocence = they look pretty guilty.

Of course another competing angler could have framed them but that would involve them placing the fish there to frame them, which is crazy risky because if they were seen it would make them look like a Cheater.

What is the most likely scenario.

Summary of the situation from my third hand knowledge:

-2 alleged cheaters (and an assistant) were observed laying down in their boat in the reeds. They were pulling up reeds and such and laying it over an area as a canopy. This was witnessed by a competitor who just luckily happened to be driving along a road. They saw something weird as they were driving so they parked up the road and snuck back down on foot to observe. They then recognized the boat of the competitors who had come out of nowhere to win 3 events and finish 2nd in their 4th event. They waited for the perps to leave and then went to investigate - found a basket device holding bass and contacted OPP and MNR. OPP said that no crime had been committed as yet so they could do nothing. MNR was just going to let the fish out of the baskets. The basket were 2 laundry baskets zip-tied together. They were then weighted down and covered over with reeds and such and placed in an area unlikely to be encountered by other anglers. After finding the first basket, they were able to find 2 others in the area (presumably since this was a multi day tournament they were going to have to come back on day 2). The perps skipped the meeting the night before where the attempted cheating was addressed. They did show up on the morning of day 1 of the tournament - when confronted - they turned tail and ran and will probably never be heard from again in tournament circles. However, they stole close to $20,000 this year if they cheated in the 3 events they won plus the 2nd. Based on the situation, I personally find it hard to believe ANYONE could give these clowns the benefit of the doubt though at this point. The pictures of the fish they are holding up in their victories are consistent with fish damaged by being held in basket type devices. Fin damage, scale damage etc. Unfortunately everything is circumstantial. I doubt the anglers that were cheated of close to $20,000 will ever see their money which is a shame. Yes it would have been much better if feasible to somehow mark the bass, set up cameras, put the crime scene back together, say nothing and then wait for the guys to bring the fish in each day and then try to collect the 5 figure payday. I'd think a $10,000+ theft or fraud would carry serious implications. BUT, I also understand the emotions of the guy who found the basket and understand that the organizer when contacted would have been somewhat at a loss as to how to act on a somewhat unprecedented scenario. Really tough pill to swallow for me that these guys got away with it.

Regardless it's a sad day and black eye for a sport I love.

Charles

Summary of the situation from my third hand knowledge:

Charles

Thanks for posting Charles. These 2 are a little thick. They enter 4 tournaments and win 3, place 2nd in the fourth. Each tournament they enter they have a high team number which tells me they signed up the night before or as late as the rules allowed. Probably need 4 events to fish Classic so they only do 4. Apparently a third person was seen helping, probably the guy who owns the pond where the fish were caught and transported from.