2 Top Bass tourney competitors caught red-handed

big guy

Wife just read me something on her phone about two Top Bass competitors from a recent tourney held on Balsam Lake. Apparently they were observed doing something suspicious the day before the tourney and after they left, about 18 pounds of bass were found hidden in a make shift holding cage. I'm sure more will come out about it.

Duh,

The second cage was brought by the guy posting on facebook lol

Im only partially kidding.

Sounds like a bunch of heresay to me, but then again I wasnt there so who knows?

Guy posting on facebook sure doesnt like these two anglers lol(maybe for good reason however)

Welcome to facebook justice! Where you can say whatever you want and smear whomever you please!

There is a LOT on FB about this story and other fishing sites. It's not a good story either. Lots of proof in other peoples shares of that of identical fish being held up at the end of the day (weigh in) on different lakes too. Scars on the fish to show it. It's brutal to cheat but to make almost $20,000.00 this year in events cheating or winning for real; all will think all events you cheated. I sure do about them. Check last years ranking of them on Top BASS and then this years... ;)

There is a LOT on FB about this story and other fishing sites. It's not a good story either. Lots of proof in other peoples shares of that of identical fish being held up at the end of the day (weigh in) on different lakes too. Scars on the fish to show it. It's brutal to cheat but to make almost $20,000.00 this year in events cheating or winning for real; all will think all events you cheated. I sure do about them. Check last years ranking of them on Top BASS and then this years... ;)

Gnarly

Why arent officials paying attention????

And lol 206???

Edited by manitoubass2

No clue, it doesn't seem like it was handled properly to me? Years ago at a tournament at an area lake two guys pre fishing snagged a piece of wood with a line attached. At the end of the line was a live bag with a limit of good sized bass in it.

They clipped the fins on the bass slightly, lowered the bag back down and reported it to the tournament director. The next day, day of the tournament, the would be winners tried to weigh in fish with their fins clipped.

Both were locals that lived on the lake and had won there before and rarely did well elsewhere. They got booted and never showed again.

In this day of cell phone cameras? A bit more concrete evidence? Anyone can make an accusation? Or plant alleged evidence?

How can the same fish be held up at different tournies? Dont they go back in the release boat? Wouldnt they have to catch and transport the bass to multiple lakes?

http://www.ibassin.com/2015/09/possible-cheating-allegations-at-2015.html

"

Possible Cheating Allegations at 2015 TOP BASS Classic! "

http://www.ibassin.com/search/label/Fabio%20Testa%20and%20Guy%20Amoruso

Evidently these guys have fished together before and won?

Edited by OhioFisherman

How can the same fish be held up at different tournies? Dont they go back in the release boat? Wouldnt they have to catch and transport the bass to multiple lakes?

No clue but some claim proof it's the same fish. If you follow the chat from Tai there is lots of great tourney guys and others posting on it. Some are guides for TV show hosts posting on it...

I'm not part of the 'event' to say I have seen it with my own eyes but there are so many involved in this Top BASS club I respect and know that I take it as a valid situation. More so when the 2 'guys' run and turn tail not to return after being confronted. Sign of guilt maybe when you have nothing to say after being accused?