Reckless Personal Watercraft Operators

Lake Ranger

That is outrageous...I'm so glad to hear she's ok but how horrific it must have been for everyone. These 'accidents' must happen more than I even imagined...it's like a 'hit and run' and the only thing you can do is make sure the victim of such a 'crime' is looked after first and foremost. I'm pissed..really pissed now. Again, sorry to hear that this happened, but thank you for sharing.

It's like fast cars..you don't need common sense to purchase or operate one..I've had many sea doos over the yrs..yes there fun ...it's the booze ...drugs ..buddy's with no watercraft experience trying it out ...young kids ..if it's a seasoned boater pulling these stunts then yes they require a beating ...it's s shame so many ruin it for the others

Well, I called the OPP and they told me they would not be able to deal with the situation, and that the Sturgeon Falls Police Department handles situations on small lakes in West Nipissing. So I called the Police and they said the OPP normally handle situations on lakes in West Nipissing. So, I'm confused as to what authorities are really in charge in handling a case like this. However, the Police Department said they would have an officer call me to discuss my complaint once one was assigned to the report. Guess I'm going to start building signs, rafts and potato guns.

Why not talk to the owner of the campground? That would be my first thought. Inform him of your concerns, inform him of the rights of other people enjoyment etc.... Don't expect the coppers to fight this battle for you....

Common courtesy can go a long way.

If that doesn't work..... Unleash hell.

G

Well, I called the OPP and they told me they would not be able to deal with the situation, and that the Sturgeon Falls Police Department handles situations on small lakes in West Nipissing. So I called the Police and they said the OPP normally handle situations on lakes in West Nipissing. So, I'm confused as to what authorities are really in charge in handling a case like this. However, the Police Department said they would have an officer call me to discuss my complaint once one was assigned to the report. Guess I'm going to start building signs, rafts and potato guns.

What a surprise.

I just had an incidence where 3 police services saying " Nope not us must be Hamilton or Niagara" " Call Hamilton or Haldimand, no my job man". I couldn't believe it. Another cop told me it happens all the time. ou have to call 911 when something is happening and let 911 sort out who's job it is.

That weekend the dipshits were out in full force on the lake I was fishing, too. We were in canoes and instead of staying on one side of the lake, they just HAD to come between us and the shore... The lake barely produced, so I just won't be going back. But if I owned property there, I'd be pissed.

Even worse is when I'm fishing a river and they decide to rip right in front of me a bunch of times. I tied on my heaviest Kastmaster and tried hitting the bullseye. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch anything but pike that day. :\ But at least the kid's dad saw what was happening and laid into him when he got back to shore on the far side.